Lumitek digital dimmable ballast

• Thread starter GenghisKrhan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GenghisKrhan

Hey all. New to the forum. I just got the 600w digital lumitek ballast which features a dimmable option. Does anyone know if it stresses the bulb to change the wattage while the lamp is on?

FLB

FLB

they say it can reduce the life of the bulb. They also say don't adjust the knob more than every 10 minutes

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I have one and it says to leave the power in any setting for at least 30 minutes before switching. Have not had a problem so far. Switch away

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I don't remember reading that part. Are you sure or is that just your suggestion? I have switched on and off without a hitch so far.

L

LEBDOG

reckless abandon - no problems for me...

I have turned the switch with reckless abandon and had no problems for about a year now on one bulb still blowing up my plants. Just my 2 cents...

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Exactly. Less guesses and more experience pls. Funny when people comment on my grow without understanding how things work ;)

D

dojoohno

Why would you want to dim it? Don't you want all the light you can get?

L

LEBDOG

Why would you want to dim it? Don't you want all the light you can get?

Plants can't take 1000W at their first exposure without stressing. Most experienced users with a digital ballast would turn the light down and run it at 50% for a day, then 75%, then 100%.

Additionally, I turn lights down for photographs.

There are many other reasons to turn a light down at times. Say you have a heat issue and want to keep your plants on schedule, while you clean and/or fix your air conditioner.

P

paulycali

For the first time use i like to strart it on low and then gradually crank it up to max. And use super lumens during last week of flowering. Hurts the bulbs life a little bit

S

SSHZ

The direction manual that comes with the Lumatek states not to change the knob while the light is on............ there is a reason they say that- it wears the bulb out quicker. Love these new ballasts!

X

Xceptional

why would you ever switch it that often. i switch it ONE time on my 1k lumatek's and that's when i first bring new cuts in the room i raise lights and dim them to not stress them and to let them get use to the light. after a day or two i crank them back up and leave them at "super lumen" until i introduce more new cuts...

G

GenghisKrhan

appreciate it. I worked my clones up to the 600 setting. it's nice for acclimating your clippings

Top Bottom