LUNG ROOM FOR GROW TENT HELP PLEASE

• Thread starter clown shoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clown shoes

clown shoes

Im setting up a 4x8 tent with 2k sealed hoods in a 10x10 bedroom.

Heres my questions

1. Should I put my portable ac unit and my co2 in the tent and seal it closed?

2. Should I put the co2 and ac in the 10x10 bedroom and use it as a lung room for the tent?

3. If lung room is what I should do, should I cool the lights separate from the lung room with air outside the lung room and also vent the lights outside the lung room to help the ac work less?

Thanks in advance!!!

F

fuzzy

First off, what part of the country are you in?Hot climate,humity,cool,dry etc...?It makes a difference on how to set your system up.co2 inside,w/cooled hoods,and a window unit works great for me.I cant use the portables where im at.It gets too hot and humid. peace,fuzzy

F

fuzzy

Oh, and i built a small chimney type enclosure(lung room) for my a/c unit and have it going to the attic with fans pushing and pulling air.peace,fuzzy

clown shoes

clown shoes

Fuzzy Im in SoCal. Heres a diagram of what Im thinking of doing. Notice I have the heat exhaust for the a/c and the heat exhaust from the lights being exhausted out of the lung room into the attic where the air is scrubbed. In theory Im thinking this is the best way so not to over work the a/c by having it also cool the exhausted heat. Im also pulling fresh air for the lights outside the lung room so Im not wasting the a/c and co2...what do you think? Also the only reason Im using a lung room is to save room in my tent for the plants.

CCF07262012 00000

F

fuzzy

It sounds pretty good to me, though i still had problems with my portable putting off more heat than what it could handle to cool the room where im at is why i switched to a window unit.They cool a Lot better than the portables,are cheaper, and use a Lot less energy.And, can you put the co2 right in with your plants?This round ill be running 3-4 1000s in cooltubes in a 8x12 room.Good luck on your settup.It looks pretty close to mine. peace,fuzzy

bobby

bobby

You can do it that way, but make sure you have a fan that brings cool air into the tent from the room. Also make sure that you have the correct type of AC. Your portable must have a separate duct for intake and exhaust. Some have dual exhaust hoses, which is not what you want.

Top Bottom