Lung room where to place dehumidifier

• Thread starter Justlovetogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

As the thread suggests I want to set up a lung tent I currently only have a 1.2x1.2m grow tent and I’m upgrading to a 1.2x2.4 my question is could I use my smaller tent as a lung tent and if so do I put my dehumidifier in the lung tent or actually in with my plants in the bigger tent I was thinking of setting the dehuey to 40percent in the lung tent but will that control the humidity in my actual grow space 🤷‍♂️Trying to control environment better any tips would be awesome cheers people👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo better to just put it in the room the tent is in and adjust air exchange as needed. If you do a lung room in a small tent it's going to produce a lot of heat in a small area so I think you would then need a AC and if on a sealed loop co2. The way I see it is there is no benefit to putting it into a small tent unless doing a sealed loop and that will get costly and tents aren't exactly the greatest for it.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Imo better to just put it in the room the tent is in and adjust air exchange as needed. If you do a lung room in a small tent it's going to produce a lot of heat in a small area so I think you would then need a AC and if on a sealed loop co2. The way I see it is there is no benefit to putting it into a small tent unless doing a sealed loop and that will get costly and tents aren't exactly the greatest for it.
Thanx for the reply Aqua I should of stated the reason I wanted to do the lung tent idea is I grow in a garage with plenty of air holes door open so it isn’t possible to dehumidify the whole room👍

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

So what's feeding the lung room? I honestly think your going to run into big fluctuations with heat issues like that.
I get it I was hoping to just heat and dehumidify the air in the tent which would be fed from directly outside heat isn’t an issue atm where I live it’s freezing 🥶

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

That’s a great idea ivstealth build a room out insulate and dehumidify the room inside my garage I think that might be the go cheers👍
After losing a couple top buds to botrytis, I just bought a 50 pint dehumidifier. I put it outside the closet. Bought a HEPA air purifier for inside the closet. Hope it works.
Is the air purifier to stop the bud rot spores? I have a 10litre per day dehumidifier no purifier though I better look into it cheers for your reply growsince79

Madmax

Madmax

Your still going to have holes in it for a passive setup to allow air into the small tent then into the big tent so it will b no different me thinks.im just going to get a bigger humidifier..

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Your still going to have holes in it for a passive setup to allow air into the small tent then into the big tent so it will b no different me thinks.im just going to get a bigger humidifier..
I’ve just chucked it in the tent atm not to worried bout humidity in veg will be interesting if it keeps up during flowering though

Madmax

Madmax

Im going to look into more mold resistant strains for my enviroment to help out abit... hopefully you can keep it at bay bro..

HydroLynx

HydroLynx

I find that if you have a decompressor dehuey you'd want it as high as possible, like near the roof where all the hottest air is. Else it doesn't keep the RH down sitting in the cooler air.

Top Bottom