m-39

• Thread starter willy led wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

willy led wonka

Do any farmers have any information on this med strain?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

1 of my 1st grows was a M-39 cut from The bay area.. It didn't finish in 39 days like some people try 2 say it was more of a 8 week strain.. I grew it outside late in August & it grew 1 huge big bud about 1ft tall & mega thick with some pretty nice smoke.. I wasn't drop dead bomb like these OG's we got now but it was kool 4 the time.. But don't 4get this was the early 90's also..

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
a commercial strain far from medicinal in terms of quality

FLB

FLB

isnt it NL#5/SK#1 ?

I believe it is and the M we had back in the early 90's floating around the boat was some of the tastiest stuff around. Very similar structure to the Colorado green bud we see today. I still think about that one.

W

willy led wonka

thanks fellow farmers. Ive got a couple of clones im gonna run. The buds ive seen so far are huge to say the least. Its really sweet and fruity. Im gonna cross this up with my purple og male. And see what happens when i hit some of the old school with the new school funk. Should be interesting to say the least. After all,,, all this new school stuff has roots back to great plants from back in the day. I did find out its NL5x SK1. Wonka

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

i had a cut early 2000's that was called M-33, wonder if they related?

Scorpion

Scorpion

the numbers were listed in order in early sensi seeds bank catalog's...m39 did not mean 39 days..just an ID

there was m15, and more than few other m's

It was listed in the Super Sativa Seed Club catalog,
Sensi never listed any M strain all M strains are from SSSC.
was listed as Skunk#1 x Basic5 Hybrid I grew it from seed in 1987 and at that time was a most powerful indica sativa hybrid.
Ceremonial Bud some called it. (best used at religous ceremonies)
Powerful Stuff

scorpion

sky high

sky high

the first cuts I ever sourced (in 1990) were called M-39 and it was relayed to me at the time that it was a Skunk#1 x Basic 5 hybrid (as scorpion said) that was called Wheelchair Crippler in the hills above Boulder. (where all the good pot is held close..like this cut was)

At that time....PRE-INTERNET....I have to admit that I really had no knowledge about different strains or lineages....all I knew was that I was seeing something new in plants that came as "clones". the three grows i have done before that...starting in about '87 were of varying successes...were under floros/shop lights....and were from bagseed. Hee hee.... "clones"?? WTF?
On top of that, rather than a veiwing a nice pictorial-type tutorial on "how to clone" laid out on a forum like the FARM....my education on how to clone came from a drunk guy at a loud party. "YOU DO WHAT????" LOL.

Needless to say...I killed A LOT of clones before i ever saw rooting hormones or rapid rooters or any sort of "instructions"....... LOL. There were also no odor filters at the time and my entire block would smell like dank for weeks at a time when it was flowering. fortunately the SHERIFF who lived next door was too cool to bust me cus our kids played together and she knew i was a good guy "otherwise" (LOL).

sure wish i had that clone back. I grew her for 15 years before shutting down for security/job reasons on 2005....

definitely NOT the same thing they call BEASTERS today. This was >>top shelf skunk funk<< that had MANY folks asking me "what was in that?" or "are you trying to poison me?".... and my favorite...a long-time buddy who admitted a few years ago that he sometimes stayed away/didn't come over if he had something else to do that day cus "that fuckin pot always got me so high i thought i was trippin;..."

ah..memories...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I grew her out when I first got to Colorado, huge yielder and badass if ya took her 60-65 days..had a giant pitch overcoming the "beasters" moniker from the 90's though, despensaries used to beat me up over it more than the others...

If ya grow her like headstash instead of commercial flips she is killer

sky high

sky high

The Wheel/M-39 cut I had all of those years just WON'T yield. It is true headstash merely by design. Grew kinda slow and would get "woody" stems if you let it go too long.... not that fast growing green stem. It also had a tell-tale skunk aroma that would (and did) turn heads at parties when you cracked the jar/rolled a joint.

A couple of yeara ago I put out some major feelers to try to get her back. Took me well over a year...but finally a guy contacted me and told me he had her. He lived in the right place...and was connected...so I JUMPED on the chance.

3 months later i had baseball sized bats of sweet/AK-47-like (the newer AK...LOL) bud. VERY commercial stuff. Yelded like a mutherfucker....but no skunk and NO HEADKNOCKER HIGH.
(the original cut would send ya flying with a couple of hits....and after that...each successive hit
just started to hammer you into the floor)

FWIW...the most i ever got off a plant from the first cut was about 45 grams on a 2 ft plant...and most plants gave about 1/2 of that....

but it was one of those plants that you even trimmed the fuckin LARF on. Every morsel was a serious treat!

Oh Wheel....where are ya? (I'd know that skank skunk smell ANYDAY)

Scorpion

Scorpion

np northone,
We all need to stay sharp on the facts...
Lest we all forget them.

scorpion

homebrew420

homebrew420

That's what Basic Diesel is.... very nice. Just got some seeds of Basic Ape..score. I know a guy that still has access to the Basic 5. That shit is was pretty nice for being something like 25-30 yrs old. Same cutting. Slow growing indica to the Max

Peace

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
That's what Basic Diesel is.... very nice. Just got some seeds of Basic Ape..score. I know a guy that still has access to the Basic 5. That shit is was pretty nice for being something like 25-30 yrs old. Same cutting. Slow growing indica to the Max

Peace

HB420 - What are the basic 5?

outwest

Top Bottom