Macro/micro Lenses?

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

So i finally decided to start looking for a quality DSLR camera for my self. Ive got things narrowed down between the Nikon D3200/or D5000 or a Canon T5, and possibly a Pentax K-50 but i hear Pentax is a bit harder to learn their layout. Either way, for the photography folks who are familiar with any of these models, whether its a Nikon, Canon, Sony, or Pentax what do you use for a lens on your macro shots?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
My suggestion would be the d3200 with the macro 105mm VR 2.8 1:1 ratio and a decent tripod that can handle the weight.
I have a d800 with that lens and it's amazing.
Some of the photos out there like Doobie ducks requires a lot more work and lighting then just taking a picture.
I'm on my 3rd year with a dslr and am still learning tons everytime I shoot! Love this hobby!

Calixylon

Calixylon

Thanks GG, i took a few photography classes at a summer camp i went to as a child, this was in the early 90's when cameras still had film, haha, but i fell in love with the ability to have alot more control over what your trying to shoot. Im sure itl be a big learning curve to take shots that are great, but ill at least be able to take some shots of the garden pre-post harvest without a shitty cellphone.

So the Macro lens your talking about is a 1:1 scale so that means it shoots the image at the exact same size it is in real life? Is that the closest you can get with a macro lens? Also you said that the lens you have is on a d800, do all newer Nikon lenses fit interchangably on to any nikon model?

Also need to get photoshop, i think a huge reason i never kept up with photography as a kid, is its expensive as shit for a young kid to have all that technology, also back then you had to have film developed by someone else, unless you had a dark room, and even if you had a dark room, developing the negatives, and exposing the film proved to be way to much for a ADD child. But now that photo shop can do everything and more than old school developing without deadly chemicals and time, it sounds like a great hobby

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

i bought the Nikon d3200 kit from amazon for SUPER!!!! cheap about 3 months ago. im talking $200+ lower than the yellow box store. has TONS of features, and im still trying to figure things out.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea, sounds like i may go with the Nikon, but im gonna wait until i can get to the store and actually feel the camera weight and size in my hands. Either way Nikon, Canon, and Pentax all make great cameras, but i know Pentax isnt as established and is financially unstable, so not sure if i want something that could be difficult to get new parts for, at least Canon or Nikon will always be around

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I got a Nikon coolpix p500..that thing is kinda a pain to use. A tripod is a must with this one..I always wana use my sony, cause of weight and lack of skills needed for a good shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom