Mad Scientist Syndrome

• Thread starter CHILKaT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CHILKaT

I’m an artist and I’m certain I’ve gone over the edge of sanity. I’m obsessed with a cannabis plant. For some, that may not seem to be an oddity at first glance, but when I’m not coddling it, feeding it, caressing it, talking to it, admiring it, or staring at it, I can think of nothing else. She is the progeny of a breeding project and also the future of a breeding project. She is perfection personified. I have charts, graphs, spreadsheets, lineage notes, and database, pictures, and plans….okay, lots of plans.

My husband says I am the most cannabis obsessed person he has ever met, especially in light that I also despise it and am a non-smoker. Although I may not be the only non-smoker to take up growing, my past history makes it very odd indeed.

Cannabis kills. Well, I’m sure many people would argue with that, but it is my fact. In 1976, I flatlined after smoking marijuana, I was 13 years old. It was Columbian Gold. It was a heart racing hallucinogenic; it snapped both my body and my mind. It was a life changing event. Heh, pun intended. But, that is a whole other story I don’t really want to get into. But from that moment on I only viewed it with negativity. In my early twenties I started a law enforcement career which began in undercover narcotics. Time changes a lot of things, but I’m pretty sure most people who know me would be shocked to find that I am growing cannabis.

My husband is a medical marijuana user. So I was inducted into mmj. I’ve taken over his grow, expanded, and studied. I’m new(2 years) to growing mmj, only recently took over completely, but have been an avid gardener for many years. I was also involved with showing and breeding dogs for twenty years and horses for a few as well. I did a lot of genetic research, and was most fascinated by alleles, color inheritance, homozygous, recessive genes and incomplete dominance. With the short reproduction cycle of plants I am surprised I haven’t taken up plant breeding earlier, but my breeding background and creative nature has found the perfect outlet.

I have no interest in crossing x strain with y strain. I don’t care about what’s popular, or what has bag appeal. I don’t care if it’s purple or green, frosty or not or smells like bubblegum or skunk, silly names, etc. I’m a mature adult with the intention to grow the best medicine that I can. I do care about plant form and structure, vitality, vigor, disease and pest resistance and the overall quality of the medicine it provides. Aroma and flavor are pretty much subjective qualities of which I cannot judge. My breeding project is true breeding only, and no feminized seeds. All of this fuels the mad scientist in me, and my husband is the guinea pig of my experiments…he hasn’t complained, but does find my obsession amusing. I’ve now found the perfect mother plant and love her dearly. I think it odd to love a plant, but if anything happened to her, I would be devastated. I still haven’t found the perfect mate for her yet, but my next set of seedlings are up and running…too bad I’m not a patient person. I was just wondering if other breeders are obsessed with their plants, and/or suffering from (MSS) Mad Scientist Syndrome as well?

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
I was just wondering if other breeders are obsessed with their plants, and/or suffering from (MSS) Mad Scientist Syndrome as well?

Obsession is driven by perfection. Obsessed to be perfect = insanity.

Welcome to the farm :evilgrin0013:

C

CHILKaT

LMAO cannabus kills who?

Kills me! Crazy, yes it is. Reason for it, unknown. Physicians at the hospital had no explanation. Is it funny, no. Dying was not particularly fun or amusing. Want to do it again, absolutely not. I think it might be allergy related, if the plant touches my bare skin I get contact dermatitis. So I'm farming in sweats and hoodies, with gloves on and sweating my ass off under the lights. :(

C

CHILKaT

yet u didnt die so i guess cannabis related deaths 0

Well I did actually die (3 minutes), but you are correct, I am alive. So Cannabis related deaths = 0!

Hopefully, I have nine lives, so eight left!
:animal0048:

M

MASSES 420KING

Well I did actually die (3 minutes), but you are correct, I am alive. So Cannabis related deaths = 0!

Hopefully, I have nine lives, so eight left!
:animal0048:

since you got 8 lives left i dont see the harm in risking one more you will still have 7 lives left so no big rite:boogie: go ahead and try to partake in this beautiful gift from the gods

S

supasticky

How do you know that the cannabis was the problem? Im sure that a lot of imported marijuana has mold on it and maybe you had a bad reaction to inhaling mold. Seems more likely than smoking a joint and dieing for 3 minutes. And if you're growing it you can make sure that you aren't smoking on mold? I'm pretty sure you were spooked and misinformed at the same time.

-Supa

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Paranoia will destroy ya

I would say it was in your mind, way back when there were some sativa's that were very paranoia inducing weeds, (columbia gold to name one). I would recommend an Indica if you ever had the urge to join your husband. 30 years ago a friend of mine smoked some weed and they had to come and get him in an ambulence. The weed was laced with pcp. Anyways it is very cool you like growing and your husband is a lucky guy to be married to his grower. Hope all goes well with your breeding, may I ask what the perfect plants genes are

mal

C

CHILKaT

How do you know that the cannabis was the problem? Im sure that a lot of imported marijuana has mold on it and maybe you had a bad reaction to inhaling mold. Seems more likely than smoking a joint and dieing for 3 minutes. And if you're growing it you can make sure that you aren't smoking on mold? I'm pretty sure you were spooked and misinformed at the same time.

-Supa

Haha...well it wasn't the first time I smoked, I had thought it might have been laced with something, however no one else had any adverse effects from it. It could have been pesticides for all I know, or mold, or whatever. The deal is though, it wasn't a mild hallucinogenic, LSD was mild in comparison. Whatever the reason, I'm not even able to be in the vicinity of someone else smoking it, even over 30 years later. Whatever it did to me, it changed something in my chemistry. But...I have water cured the large fan leaves, dried them in the sun and mixed them with my tobacco, it makes my tobacco smoother and I have no problem doing that, it has no effect on me whatsoever. The whole thing never made any sense, sometimes you just have to make due with the cards you're dealt.

I would say it was in your mind, way back when there were some sativa's that were very paranoia inducing weeds, (columbia gold to name one). I would recommend an Indica if you ever had the urge to join your husband. 30 years ago a friend of mine smoked some weed and they had to come and get him in an ambulence. The weed was laced with pcp. Anyways it is very cool you like growing and your husband is a lucky guy to be married to his grower. Hope all goes well with your breeding, may I ask what the perfect plants genes are

mal

Back in the day, we did a lot of stuff...lol. I've not smoked mj since 1976, kids nowadays think these new strains are the shit, and maybe they are, but unless you smoked Columbia Gold back in the 70's, I don't think you'd know how powerful it was. Nonetheless, CPR and defibrillator were not a figment of my imagination, wish it were. When I couldn't smoke mj, I took up smoking angel dust/pcp, dropping acid, Quaaludes, didn't matter what it was, I tried it all. It was the 70's. I have no desire to use mj now or anything else, I don't need to get high or medicate, it's all good, I'm not sick, yet...I have my tobacco addiction though, which is enough.

My first husband, now ex, has been growing Acapulco Gold since 1978, he crossed with ??, and I got seeds. He refuses to give anyone the original clones...f'n bastard! Anyway, I ended up crossing those with some Nepal that my cousin from S. Africa got while traveling. I'm working on developing an outdoor that will grow in my region, which has some pretty tough conditions. So my selection process has been deadly to so many plants...heh. My perfect plant has taken it all in stride and not only survived but thrived, and produced very well...but I'm not done yet, not by a longshot. :character0029:

S

supasticky

I'm not even able to be in the vicinity of someone else smoking it, even over 30 years later. Whatever it did to me, it changed something in my chemistry.

I have the same kind of problem only I cant eat cannabis. It's weird cuz it's not that it tastes bad. It's more like my mouth just won't accept it, or my stomach, I guess. And I do remember the specific day that it happened. I had eaten edibles a few times, but it was in the beginning of my smoking. Then my friends and I made cookies out of about two pounds of trim. Needless to say their were a lot of cookies. I didn't really know about how long it took to kick in. These took about an hour. I ate one, waited like 10 minutes and nothing happened so I ate another and another...until I had I think 8 cookies. That took just about an hour. lol I ended up getting REALLY high and sat and contemplated god knows what for a few hours. The high was super intense. I couldn't really move, I just sat. No words only thoughts. Basically after that I have never been able to eat edibles. Even edibles that others say doesn't taste like weed at all. It's weird. I can still smoke it though, but I can understand why you couldn't. Sorry for doubting you before lol I've just never heard of that before.

-Supa

Top Bottom