Made a dab press from a table vice and george forman grill from good will

• Thread starter hippystuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hippystuff

hippystuff

The vice was free, the forman grill cost $6 i bought some 2in by 4in by 1ft scrap piece of beam iron for $3 and a digital meat thermometer. cut the iron two 1 and 1/2 pieces off the 12 in length and the remaining 9 in I split to make two 1 in by 4in by 9in channel. The red foreman grill with a low med and high thermostat I took apart. It gave me two flat plates with elements. I cut the alluminum around the outside of the elements off which let them fit the inside of the 1 by 4 by 9 channel and the two other pieces fit inside the element inside the channel. I then attached the 1 and 1/2 in pieces to the jaws of the vice and epoxied it together , one setup on each jaw. But do not epoxy them. it smokes and falls apart. so tac welded them. made a spot to put the meat thermometer flat against the metal and used the wiring from the grill just like it was without cutting it and rehooked it up . not real pretty but cheap and works fantastic. just have to turn thermostat off before it reaches tem because it will climb a little. keeps it hot for the three minutes to press. after 30 seconds I tap the tightening bar with a hammer to really press. going to try to get the pics from my phone loaded but other than that don't bother me for instructions. you got a lot more than I did. and for free. so figure it out.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The vice was free, the forman grill cost $6 i bought some 2in by 4in by 1ft scrap piece of beam iron for $3 and a digital meat thermometer. cut the iron two 1 and 1/2 pieces off the 12 in length and the remaining 9 in I split to make two 1 in by 4in by 9in channel. The red foreman grill with a low med and high thermostat I took apart. It gave me two flat plates with elements. I cut the alluminum around the outside of the elements off which let them fit the inside of the 1 by 4 by 9 channel and the two other pieces fit inside the element inside the channel. I then attached the 1 and 1/2 in pieces to the jaws of the vice and epoxied it together , one setup on each jaw. But do not epoxy them. it smokes and falls apart. so tac welded them. made a spot to put the meat thermometer flat against the metal and used the wiring from the grill just like it was without cutting it and rehooked it up . not real pretty but cheap and works fantastic. just have to turn thermostat off before it reaches tem because it will climb a little. keeps it hot for the three minutes to press. after 30 seconds I tap the tightening bar with a hammer to really press. going to try to get the pics from my phone loaded but other than that don't bother me for instructions. you got a lot more than I did. and for free. so figure it out.
hey there, don't get all snappy at the end, it sounds like a cool set up many here might like to see and maybe some help with instructions...We're all here to learn from one another with respect...not attitude " don't bother me" ? You're in the wrong house BUD! with that statement. Happy Happy.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

hey there, don't get all snappy at the end, it sounds like a cool set up many here might like to see and maybe some help with instructions...We're all here to learn from one another with respect...not attitude " don't bother me" ? You're in the wrong house BUD! with that statement. Happy Happy.
Often times a picture is worth a thousand words and he won't have to say another word. But sounds like something i would have tried. Now i bought a dabpress.

Top Bottom