Made in China?

• Thread starter 500lbs Guerilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I picked up a 1000w quantum ballast off of craigslist for 100$ with the original box and both 120 and 240 wires. I got home and noticed a 'made in china' sticker on the ballast. I seem to recall from another thread that quantum ballasts were made in the states? Am I mistaken, confused, or did I pick up a Chinese knock off?

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

No, but it was still in the box. 100$ because i picked up six of them. He wanted 150 each originally. Of those six, one blew already.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
try the quantum again today. it has some kinda shut off. takes up to 20-30 mins for it to reset soemtimes depsending on what made it shut off.

G

goleboy

Why the fux is everything made in china!? Jebus these little bastards got the market on literally EVERYTHING cornered...scary shit man....America needs to step it's game up

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i believe there designed here and made there its our f kng fault economy is down yet we send our money across the see and pay others when we can make more jobs for those here make no sense

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
think about this we don't produce anything anymore we are now consumers only. if all u do is buy stuff and don't make anything were does the money come from? even though china has workers that work for less, they spend the money at thier local dairy marts,gas stations and what not it stays in thier country. so we are slowly siphoning out 2 dollars an hour of our economy X's a few million every hour.

If they were making a knock off though why put made in china on it if its not made there? I got a shirt the other day Cart3l and on the tag inside sown to it it says this shirt is made in the USA and not a knock of made in china or thailand. so in order to knock it off they would have to write that inisde themselves

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

Ballast was blown but got it exchanged with no hassles just like advertised. The new ballast is also made in China. Nothing against ballasts made there, I was just under the impression that Quantum was manufactured in the U.S. I still hear more positive feedback about Quantums than any other ballast.
I'm no expert, but I think you're right Kid T. As for outsourcing, as long as these ballasts aren't being made by children at the crack of a whip, I don't mind. I've spent enough time overseas to realize that the little money we spend on outsourced labor can equate to good wages over there. This allows us to buy larger quantities and sell them at a lower price, which mean more profit in the long run. But these profits are really only shared by the businesses big enough to outsource. If they're making all the money from the consumers in this country, the only real new money comes through inflation. Its also widening the divide between the rich and the poor. Good for business in the short term, bad for the country in the long term.
Or is outsourcing slowing down the process of inflation because there is less money in circulation?
At the same time, we can't afford to pay American wages to manufacture all the material possessions we own or want to own in this country, and if we did, the individual would have to spend a lot more for those items.
What we really need to do is make it in China and then sell it in Europe

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
xX Kid Twist Xx; said:
think about this we don't produce anything anymore we are now consumers only. if all u do is buy stuff and don't make anything were does the money come from?

We are not only consumers but investors. Typically all an investor is interested in is return. (cheap labor is key to today's global market). A product only holds as much value as we; the consumer place on it. (ie) Produce a product as cheaply as possible, sell said product for as large a markup as the consumer allows. The fiscal flow is still there, its just the tide that has changed.
FJ

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

but if the investment money is exported to another country, and the profit comes only from within our own country, then wouldn't our country as a whole be losing money regardless of whether our business profits or not? The only way we could balance that loss is by printing more money. At least thats how I interpreted KTs comment.

M

Monkey OG

Buy Sunlight Supply American made ballast, and hoods, they do offer more econmical hoods and ballast made in china as well.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
but if the investment money is exported to another country, and the profit comes only from within our own country, then wouldn't our country as a whole be losing money regardless of whether our business profits or not? The only way we could balance that loss is by printing more money. At least thats how I interpreted KTs comment.

that's kinda what i was trying to say but not as well as you put it. None of the money is coming back and yet there is constant new $100 dollar bills being printed everyday. do we really think gold is now worth over 1300 an ounce? that's how weak our dollar has become. gas will be almost 5 dollars a gal for regular by summer. we got to stop spending money we don't have and burdening our children and thier children with debt. we need to manufacture our own products and not import everything

sorry to side track your thread im glad you got you ballast sorted out. about 2 years ago i bought 3 quantum's and they are still ticking. they came in a small blue box with pictures on them. i just recently bought another 6 for someone and they came in a orange box without pictures.

DSC 0069
DSC 0070
DSC 0071
F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter

that's kinda what i was trying to say but not as well as you put it. None of the money is coming back and yet there is constant new $100 dollar bills being printed everyday. do we really think gold is now worth over 1300 an ounce? that's how weak our dollar has become. gas will be almost 5 dollars a gal for regular by summer. we got to stop spending money we don't have and burdening our children and thier children with debt. we need to manufacture our own products and not import everything

sorry to side track your thread im glad you got you ballast sorted out. about 2 years ago i bought 3 quantum's and they are still ticking. they came in a small blue box with pictures on them. i just recently bought another 6 for someone and they came in a orange box without pictures.

Thats not how it works. An investor has said amount of capital to invest. That capital supports said project whether it be jelly beans or technology.
Overhead is the next concern, that includes design, manufacture, shipping, distribution, advertisement, ect. (unless we're talking stocks). All that happens in China or any country that offers cheap labor, is manufacture. Yes that is VERY bad for the U.S. economy, but great for the private investor or corporate entity (which happens to be the only foundation the U.S. has aside from the profits of war). My point is, that until the American business market heads in a direction that promotes the rebirth of "the great age of American manufacture" expect to be buying products made in China and arguing with a man from India over your Verizon Bill......I'm just saying.
FJ

Top Bottom