Made my own stuff mostly how to use it?

• Thread starter cleanreid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cleanreid

cleanreid

I mixed water and wood ash for one part of the NPK. And then I have my dr. Earths home grown I use as tea. Can I use them both at same time or should I use one first before the other or can I mix them?

Made my own stuff mostly how to use it
cleanreid

cleanreid

I mixed water and wood ash for one part of the NPK. And then I have my dr. Earths home grown I use as tea. Can I use them both at same time or should I use one first before the other or can I mix them?
I also strain the dr. Earths home grown and discard the mulch as I have allready put some in top dressing but not much.

socks4free

socks4free

I'm not positive about wether or not you should be mixing the two or how much of each to use if you do. I just wanted to say I also use ocean spray cranberry raspberry jugs to water my plants hahaha

cleanreid

cleanreid

I'm not positive about wether or not you should be mixing the two or how much of each to use if you do. I just wanted to say I also use ocean spray cranberry raspberry jugs to water my plants hahaha
Yessir

P

PahPahCee

I’d wager that dr earth tea isn’t recommended to premix and store. It has beneficials in it and they will definitely go anaerobic in that environment.

I’d just follow the recommendations by dr earth.
45660BE7 14BD 4B5C B46F B535A7781134

cleanreid

cleanreid

I’d wager that dr earth tea isn’t recommended to premix and store. It has beneficials in it and they will definitely go anaerobic in that environment.

I’d just follow the recommendations by dr earth. View attachment 2014521
Yeah I use most of it and if I store it’s no longer than a week. more or less I’m looking at the npk hoping to get some nitrogen but mostly PK out of the tea. 1 gallon water per 1 cup of homegrown is what the dr. Earth bag says. So I figure as long as I hike up the PK I’ll be good with the nitrogen level being as high as it is. For now… definitely changing things up next grow with raw npk

socks4free

socks4free

Yeah I use most of it and if I store it’s no longer than a week. more or less I’m looking at the npk hoping to get some nitrogen but mostly PK out of the tea. 1 gallon water per 1 cup of homegrown is what the dr. Earth bag says. So I figure as long as I hike up the PK I’ll be good with the nitrogen level being as high as it is. For now… definitely changing things up next grow with raw npk
I don't think that's how it works is it? I've never heard of raising the P and K levels because you have high N levels. I think that would just mean you have too much n p and k. Maybe im wrong I've just never heard of this.

cleanreid

cleanreid

I don't think that's how it works is it? I've never heard of raising the P and K levels because you have high N levels. I think that would just mean you have too much n p and k. Maybe im wrong I've just never heard of this.
I was asking people who know not people who don’t and obviously you need P K for flower and nitrogen through the entire life of the plant

cleanreid

cleanreid

I was asking people who know not people who don’t and obviously you need P K for flower and nitrogen through the entire life of the
let me reframe this the dr earth has nitrogen but I really want P and K so I made my own to supplement the lack of in the dr earth home grown tea

socks4free

socks4free

I was asking people who know not people who don’t and obviously you need P K for flower and nitrogen through the entire life of the plant
Sorry the way you worded it the first time was confusing, it sounded like you were saying you knew you had high nitrogen and to counteract this you wanted to add P and K which is what I was saying I didn't think worked that way.

The homegrown doesn't have P and K in it or it is just low for what you want? The values I saw for Dr Earths homegrown tomato, vegetable, and herb fertilizer was 4% N 6% P 3% K and 7.5% calcium. Id Just suggest unless your plants are showing signs of deficiencies to go slow with your homemade solution to make sure you don't over do it. Underfeeding is easier to fix than overfeeding.

Top Bottom