Madonna/Extrema seedlings not growing!

• Thread starter llcoolJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

llcoolJ

Whats up fellas,

My current medical grow is 6 Madonna and 3 Extrema seedlings just over 2 weeks old. They are not growing at all. They developed their 4 leaves, but just stopped.

They are in Canna Coco. Under 4 48" Fluorescents with 2 5000K and 2 6500K bulbs. I have never had this problem before, and I know it's not the genetics.

I just gave them a tiny dash of Roots Excelurator, Superthrive, and Voodoo Juice. I hope to god they come around!

Please give me some suggestions if you can :confused0054:

L

llcoolJ

I could have posted this in the problem section, but being that it's sannies genetics, I figured you guys would help the most. Any tips?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Obvious question #1 Was the coco flushed?

But yeah we need pictures. That's how we roll.

L

llcoolJ

Here are some pictures. Usually they are quite a bit bigger and greener by now.

Tobor, I am using Canna Coco. I believe it is pre buffered, so there is no need to flush. But I could be wrong. I have never had problems before.

Thanks fellas:smiley_joint:

http://i838.invalid.com/albums/zz302/llcoolj2345/002.jpg
http://i838.invalid.com/albums/zz302/llcoolj2345/004.jpg
http://i838.invalid.com/albums/zz302/llcoolj2345/006.jpg

S

sannie

Is the cocos flushed befor used because there can be salts in there from the making process.
Seedlings barely dont need any food in the beginning.

Best you can do is start over again or repot them as soon as possible and see if you can safe them from a certain death:sick0004:

greetz sannie

L

llcoolJ

I am not feeding them, just gave them small dosage of the above mentioned products. Sannie I believe Canna Coco is pre buffered (PH BALANCED). You are not supposed to have to flush Canna Coco (I believe). Should I just pop them out, be very careful of the roots, and put them in Canna Terra?

B

BeachBummed

I mean it looks like these starts I did about a year ago, they missed a watering like day 2 of jiffy pellets; and they just shriveled and like didn't grow. Didn't die, but I learned how important the seedling stage was.

I'm not a coco user so I can't be completely sure, give em a flush, they aren't in a stage that you'd need food so if no growth in a week from straight water I'd scrap em

The Joker

The Joker

Foliar feed half recommended strength, a bit of root excellerator, skip the other stuff.
I just popped some seedlings in soil and they are only a week old and they look are on the 3rd set of leaves. I alway do seedlings in worm castings and perlite with just water for a few weeks. I do add a little RE sometimes. I am a hydro grower, but growing seedlings in perlite or hydroton was just too much for them. So a gentle mix, ,iike worm castings, doesn't need any food for a few weeks. Once they get a few sets of leaves, then I add food.

But if you have new growth, they should be doing ok. Maybe another coco grower can chime in on how they grew seedlings in coco.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they are still alive and could very well make it. it looks like the are over watered as well. also. as seed has so little roots that it cant really drink much water or eat to much as well until a bigger rootmass developes. they are still standing so that is a good sign, if they were dead they would fall over. how far away from the light do you have them? let them adry out a little before you water them again

B

BeachBummed

I'm curious about an Update on these guys it's been about a week let us know man!

Hope they're kickin

Latest posts

Top Bottom