Mag. Def.?

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Hi all so I've heard mag deficiency can cause flipping over of leaves? Is this what I'm seeing here? I believe it's being caused by over fertilizing (lockout?)
Mag def

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
The plant has definitely been over feed by the tip & the leaf margins what growing media are you growing in if soil mix your ph needs to be 6.5 to 6.8 ph in coco 5.8 to 6.2 ph is a good level not to get lock out .

Trentski420

Trentski420

Coco/perlite ya I did overfeed I had no idea coco/perlite shouldn't be fed more than 500-550ppm... When we are talking lockout the pH of nute solution is not as important as the pH of the runoff correct? Even if ph going in is correct if runoff is out of whack than lockout highly likely?

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

The plant has definitely been over feed by the tip & the leaf margins what growing media are you growing in if soil mix your ph needs to be 6.5 to 6.8 ph in coco 5.8 to 6.2 ph is a good level not to get lock out .

I've heard that the run off from coco is inaccurate as benificals and also harmful bactiria will fluctuate ph. Is there any truth to this? If so we def don't want to start adjusting ph based on that number

Also first I've ever heard and maybe someone can confirm. That when we're in bloom we want our ph to be a bit higher? I'm in coco too was told once in bloom to go up to 6.0 ph. Even like 6.2

Please can anyone support these ideas??? :)

Last edited:
Trentski420

Trentski420

Well I took a younger girl in veg and flushed her and IN: 5.95 RUNOFF: 6.3 and after flushing girl in bloom still IN:6.0 RUNOFF:6.7... I don't know why no one will answer someone once told me this was normal now I'm told it's far from normal .. than we sit in silence

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Loll I had the same shit and I'm tripping. I think it's only natural. The run off in bloom for me so far has been high from the soluable range coco is supposed to enjoy. But literally nothing I can do will lower that number. I got lower it still comes out high. Are my plants pissing excellence or am I messing something up?

Trentski420

Trentski420

Has the pH run off only been high since pk booster? If so that's one thing we have in common

xenon730

xenon730

ive fed girls in coco/cocoperlite 1200 ppm(and still do sometimes), twice a day during heavy flowering. you should be watering to heavy runoff to cleanse the medium anyways. i don't change my ph by age and can't see how it could be relevant. i believe plants alter the ph at the rootzone very slightly themselves to maintain the balance they need. very rarely would changing ph 2 points cause any difference at all. i think you are using runoff numbers to determine things it can't determine. it really is only useful for seeing if a mix is hot, you shouldn't be phing by runoff. maybe a slurry test, but i've never had to do any of this in coco or heard of others doing it outside of soil.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Has the pH run off only been high since pk booster? If so that's one thing we have in common

I'm using botanicare pro line.... but yea since I changed to flower run off been all high. I don't so digging for answers and the best I can come up with is just mix your nute and ph after to 6.0 home feee! till you gotta water again :) think it's a not issue after all.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

ive fed girls in coco/cocoperlite 1200 ppm(and still do sometimes), twice a day during heavy flowering. you should be watering to heavy runoff to cleanse the medium anyways. i don't change my ph by age and can't see how it could be relevant. i believe plants alter the ph at the rootzone very slightly themselves to maintain the balance they need. very rarely would changing ph 2 points cause any difference at all. i think you are using runoff numbers to determine things it can't determine. it really is only useful for seeing if a mix is hot, you shouldn't be phing by runoff. maybe a slurry test, but i've never had to do any of this in coco or heard of others doing it outside of soil.

Yup the testing the coco around root zone is the only way to be acurate. Seems like so long as the mix is good for the plants life stage and ph somewhere reasonable your all good. Cuz that old water is moving on out and in with the good stuff. At least in my case I'm done testing run off ph...

Top Bottom