Mag deficiencies under LED lights

• Thread starter login
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
login

login

Why am I having such a problem with mag defs under leds, these same cuts under cmh have no signs of mag def,
but under these new leds I've added 1 gram of Epsom salt and still dont seem to help any at all.

Is it ok to add more Epsom salt or I can try regular cal mag

Anthem

Anthem

Why am I having such a problem with mag defs under leds, these same cuts under cmh have no signs of mag def,
but under these new leds I've added 1 gram of Epsom salt and still dont seem to help any at all.

It is not uncommon for plants under LED to require additional Calcium and Magnesium.
It might not even be a magnesium issue because there are other things in play. It can be difficult to understand what the plant needs based on a few visual signs. It can be so much more that simply the plant needs more magnesium. Magnesium does not play well with Calcium or K. Meaning that if one is out of balance it can cause the plant to not take up the other.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I believe it is an effect of LIebig's Law of the Minimum. Adding higher quality light or more light increased the demand for Mg (and possibly Ca). Mg became the limiting factor.

login

login

My leaf surface is 78 f is that to low? Feeding 10 ml of calmag and 1 gram Epsom salt per gallon, I also added a calcium carbonate filter after my OR filter to add calcium back to the water

Screenshot 20220303 190857 Chrome
Anthem

Anthem

My leaf surface is 78 f is that to low? Feeding 10 ml of calmag and 1 gram Epsom salt per gallon, I also added a calcium carbonate filter after my OR filter to add calcium back to the water
Cal Mag is Calcium and Magnesium. You have used a heavy dose of Cal Mag and I am not completely sure how the filter works or if it works but I can tell you adding the epsom salt in addition may not be such a great idea. Now you are adding a fix to another fix. This is how you can lock out other nutrients from being taken up into the plant. Too much of any one nutrient is not a good idea.

S

sammyknows

yeah you are fine only reason to drive LEDS into the 80s temp wise is to drive transpiration. You have to think what manifests as a mag deficiency can be a result of excess Potash. Can we get a picture

login

login

And this light is dimmed to 20% if I turn it up more the symptoms get much worse

20220304 073941
RASGANJA710

RASGANJA710

With LED lights you need a ppfd/par meter to see how much light is on your canopy I've learned that plants under LED have a full spectrum which intern makes the plants eat more. So all and all you probably have starving plants versus nutrition deficiency got to a higher ec. To see if that work but more than likely they are hungry for balanced nutrition.

Anthem

Anthem

Yes clay balls top fed drain to waste
When the plants are small like they are they do not really up take that much food or water. During the stage you are at it is important to get some dry back in the rockwool. Basically the rockwool is pretty wet and the roots need some oxygen and dry back. If you can lower the watering so the rockwool dries back it will help the plant. Right now the plant is not really doing much as far as root development because it is getting everything and more brought right to the roots so they will stay small if you do not get the rock wool to dry out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom