Mag Deficiency help pls!

• Thread starter ZombieSlave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

ZombieSlave

How can I fix a heavy magnisum deficiency?

I see some people use epson salt i think..
any suggestions? my Ec is at 2.5 they look super happy but they look mag starved.

Thanks

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Mine were showing Mg def and I like to keep as little in the res as possible so I just foliar fed them some Mg... Test it on a leaf first to make sure it won't burn them... Once I fed them the Mg they really perked up and started to grow faster than ever... I just used some Mag-Amp from Cutting Edge that I got in a sample pack...

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

3rd that, good call, I did not even notice the high EC level. Probably could cut the EC level in half.

Cheers!

Z

ZombieSlave

wouldint high EC lvl burn all my plants not just 2 or 3? witch is what my problem is. The folier spray seemd to work. I also added directly to my UC, im watching closely. i have no problem starting my soup over. but its not like they all show signs of def, its only 2 or 3 seem to need a lot more then some others.

and ive had mag issues the entire time of not having enough even with a EC of 1.1

Thanks a lot for your input guys, more explanation would be appreciated. if there is anything else im not seeing.

EDIT:If 3 of the top dogs on here tell me its too high its too high im flushing right now. thanks guys keep ya posted.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

All I can tell you is that the UC system is a different animal, and requires much less nutrients.

And FYI- Just because you have a EC of 1.1 does not mean you have enough magnesium. The EC level does not interpret that way.

When we switched to using a UC system, we started using around 50% less nutrients. Our max range is 800PPM, and that is with HUGE plants in the system.

In the end you have to do what works best for you, but it is really strange that need that high of an EC level to maintain healthy plants. Makes me think something else is going on really.

I know if I raised my PPM's to around 1800 they would be dead in a few hours I imagine...

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

You should also remember that when you go to a nutrient website, those are "general" suggestions, and they are also NOT talking about a UC system.

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

I noticed that when I ran a higher strength nute solution the plants didn't really burn but they sure did grow a hell of a lot slower... I saw explosive growth so I upped the nutes and all of the sudden they looked a lot worse and started growing at about half the speed that they were... I ended up dropping the nutes back down and almost overnight they perked back up and took off again!
No idea why, but less is more...

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

high concentrations of solution prevent solution to be taken up period. so they just sit there and mine nutrients from lower leaves with little or no real growth.

P

phup

2.5 EC! That is crazy. Plants will lock out in the UC when EC is that high. Reduce your EC and supplement your profile with Epsom at 1g/gallon. If your EC is too high the plants cannot take up enough water which is necessary to transport the needed nutrients.
This is not entirely accurate, but in layman's terms, EC only measures the aggregate amount of salts in your solution, not the actual ratio of minerals that are in that solution.

Z

ZombieSlave

Thanks for all the advice, I completly flushed and reloaded the system ph is solid at 6.0
im not going to add anything for a few let them rince off, then ill re-add at 1/2 strength

I think I experienced and did what monstor robot did.
the transplant job that happend from there soil to UC was totaly FUBAR and didnt get fixed for close to 2 weeks. I had trouble understanding the problem right away. due to lack of experience. Im lucky they are as healty as they look for everything they have been threw.

Z

ZombieSlave

only 4 out of 8 have this kind of problem the others look just fine regardless with all the crap ive been doing to this system.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Reduce the strength below 1.2 to say 0.8 (500 scale) until the plants begin responding with healthy new growth. As for now you plants are still reeling from excessive exposure to nute salts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom