mag drive pump operating temp?

• Thread starter orbad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
orbad

orbad

Can someone help me out by telling me the operating temperature of their mag drive pump, and if it adds heat to the water when out of the Res? I'm trying to increase the thermal efficiency of my DIY under current and I'm not sure if switching to a mag drive would help me out.

My current pump will heat 50 gal of water 6° in 24 hours then maintain the same 71° thereafter. I need to keep it well below 70° and I'm trying to not drop $400 on a chiller right now. And even if I do I don't want it to have to fight my pump all the time.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Putting the Mag outside will reduce the amount of thermal heat transfer, I don't find they run hot. You could just freeze water bottles and drop one in every day to chill your res. I run 4 mag drives in my 50 gal chiller barrel 24/7 at 65 and never have a problem with my chiller barrel heating up at all. I have 1/2 hp and 1 hp chillers I run. The lower barrel is my chiller barrel with 4 pumps in it, the tall barrel is my auto top off for my humidifiers. I have a 2400gph Mag that pumps to a head of 7 feet to the chiller which is outside.
IMGP7285

Top Bottom