mag drive pumps and iron??????

• Thread starter ogtealover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So i am about to run H&G nutes in rcdwc and I am curious about using magnetic pumps because i want to run at least two so I can add a venturi aerator . And I am worried about the iron and the magnets.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You might have to clean out the impellers more often. Be sure to get a pump designed for use in saltwater and you should have fewer worries. I've never run DWC or anything similar, but I know my fish tanks.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I have had zero issues with RDWC and Mag Drives in regars to Iron...JACK

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I have had zero issues with RDWC and Mag Drives in regars to Iron...JACK

:bowGreat to hear from you jack as you are the one who has inspired me to go the rcdwc or "UC" route..... But Jack i have a small 3.5 ft by 9 ft room and I am curious if I can run 8-staggered 10 gallon brute "iceonly" buckets or even 5-6 gallon buckets if they would be sufficient.And walk inbetween the two rows of plants. Or should i run like four or five 20 gallon reactangular containers and run two plants a tub and center them length wise across the 3.5 ftfor the sake of being able to walk along each side of the plants to pluck fan leaves as needed? As I do not have the room for vertical lighting. Also I just ordered som R.P. OG kush #18 and some rocklock from DNA genetics so if you have any tips or thoughts about those strains please toss'em my way..... Well thank for your time...Ohh almost forgot can you have too much air in DWC? I want to run the PONDMASTER 100 with 5" bubble disc per plant or is that too much O2?

budboy299

budboy299

I definitely feel that the magdrive pumps and airstones cause iron to precipitate out of the solution. When I mixed up Aqua Flakes and additional CalMag, within 2 days the solution went from dark brown (iron in the solution) to considerably lighter. That being said....there is probably either more iron in the solution than is actually needed, or the plants uptook enough iron within the first day or two to last it until the next reservoir change.
never found any king of iron deficiency caused by the iron precipitating

Top Bottom