Mag issues?

• Thread starter RexHamilton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RexHamilton

RexHamilton

Hi all.

In coco. Feeding A+B @45ml, rhizo @ 80ml, Zym @ 20ml for [email protected]~ Tap ppm is 0.6 to start, end mix like 1.6-1.8 but don’t own a wand just borrowed one to make sure I wasn’t horribly salted up.

feeding till 2.5L till run off fills tray (200ml~) once a week. Watering same amount twice in between.

I’m suspecting under water after many many readings on here. Coco loves to be flushed right?

plants aren’t hideous but growth is slow and I’m seeing burning, and colouring between veins.

last run off checked at 1.2-1.4 average across all pots.

these were clones, potted into 9l Air prune on 29/12/19 put under 2x air cooled 600w lumii dual bulbs. Fair amount of air flow, 8” extraction with desk oscillating fan opposite end of tent, and another static pushing air up to extraction. 10” passive intake low level.

temps 25~/, rh 45-55%~

any quick guesses? Apologies if I’ve left anything obvious out.

Mag issues
Mag issues 2
Mag issues 3
Mag issues 4
Mag issues 5
Mag issues 6
Mag issues 7
Mag issues 8
Mag issues 9
RexHamilton

RexHamilton

I should mention I possibly had these clones parked for a bit on just water in .3l before deciding to repot and veg for flower. They possibly stunted for a fortnight whilst recovering. I’ve dripped some superthrive in on a feed and then alternative flush to help recovery. Used it twice in past two weeks

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

your gonna have to have a ph and tds meter in coco mate ,it also needs a exchange of water daily in my opinion,especaily when you start to flower maybe as high as 3 times a day,feeding the plant and watching your runoff will tell you how many times you have to feed,
i also would be feeding those plants 450 to 700 ppm on the 500 hannah scale,
what type water are you mixing your nutrients with?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the 300ppm tap water could be cut in half by mixing in ro water,plus safe a little money,im thinking for sure need at least 100 to 150ppm cal mag

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey rex, i have seen plants with that same discoloration , and slow feed of cal /mag clearded it up, the leaves wont recover, but new growth should be green and healthy....but as usual , can be a lot of issues there
Go easy on the superthrive, i wouldent add any more to your regiment

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I see in the OP you say you're running A&B, rhizo, and zyme. Safe to assume you're running canna? I would consider these things
1) clean that water up. Ideally R/O, but at least 2 stage if you can't abide all that waste
2) deeper, more regular waterings. There seems to be a lot of dry surface. How long before the pic did you water?
3) Go towards a feed/rinse or feed/feed/rinse.

Water to runoff. Feel the weight of the container. Let it dry to about half that weight, then water again to run off.

RexHamilton

RexHamilton

your gonna have to have a ph and tds meter in coco mate ,it also needs a exchange of water daily in my opinion,especaily when you start to flower maybe as high as 3 times a day,feeding the plant and watching your runoff will tell you how many times you have to feed,
i also would be feeding those plants 450 to 700 ppm on the 500 hannah scale,
what type water are you mixing your nutrients with?
Agreed. Bluelab is on order.

Nutes mixed with stood tap water. I usually do rhizo, then A, then B, then Zym into 300ppm fresh from the tap. Stirring in between. pH to ideally 5.8 but I’m not religious, I’ll let it be within 0.2~ of that.

I try to stand the buckets before mixing for 24hours+ mainly for temps.

RexHamilton

RexHamilton

Hey rex, i have seen plants with that same discoloration , and slow feed of cal /mag clearded it up, the leaves wont recover, but new growth should be green and healthy....but as usual , can be a lot of issues there
Go easy on the superthrive, i wouldent add any more to your regiment
I have been looking at the Epsom salt approach and yep, Understood on the ST.

RexHamilton

RexHamilton

I see in the OP you say you're running A&B, rhizo, and zyme. Safe to assume you're running canna? I would consider these things
1) clean that water up. Ideally R/O, but at least 2 stage if you can't abide all that waste
2) deeper, more regular waterings. There seems to be a lot of dry surface. How long before the pic did you water?
3) Go towards a feed/rinse or feed/feed/rinse.

Water to runoff. Feel the weight of the container. Let it dry to about half that weight, then water again to run off.

Canna is correct. In professional plus coco not the natural.

1) would be lovely to use R/O but not sure I can implement at this stage. Two stage?

2) agreed here. And overwhelming consensus is not enough watering. The pic was possibly the day after feed when through. Not long at all. Tho in honesty ; I’m not sure all the dry patches on the top ever stay wet. This could be symptomatic of me not watering enough; being bound by how much run off I can manage.

I’m thinking I need to stand the pot in a bucket to water them to make sure they’re flooded I think...

3) I guess feed/rinse would work best for the moment.

I need more stood water. 50L is my max at the minute. I’m watering till they run off but maybe waiting till their too light to re-water.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
You may want to consider an RO filter. I had similar issues with a strain I am growing now. I broke down and bought a decent little RO system off Amazon for 60 bucks. I have been growing with 650ppm well water for over 10 years but this particular strain just wouldn't adapt to it. I was getting way too much calcium and magnesium causing lockout of potassium and other nutrients. Now I use RO water with just enough unfiltered water to provide a little calcium and magnesium and I mix nutrients from there. If someone had told me I could have bought a great RO system for under 100 bucks I would have bought one years ago and really wish I did but I am just happy they have come down in price so just about anyone can afford one now.

Don't waste your money on an extravagant RO system. 3 stages is the most you need for growing. 4 and 5+ stage RO systems are not ideal for plants and way more expensive.

Check amazon for GeekPure 3 stage RO system it should still be under 60 dollars and if you need any help installing it let us know.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I have been looking at the Epsom salt approach and yep, Understood on the ST.
Cool, i normally give my plants a spa day with a teaspoon per gal / sorry about the gal conversion, and mist just before lights out to prevent any light burn, about 3 times a week , for a week, not sure if it makes them feel better , or just makes me feel better , but a lot of the lighter yellowing issues clear up and i think the foliar magneseum is quite gentle and helpful in some cases, just keep it in mind if you need one day,
Yea you will get back on track with proper watering practices , like everyone said....
Andi i love the superthrive , just be careful , it goes from helpful to nuclear real fast .... most people wont use it....

RexHamilton

RexHamilton

Cheers gents. I’ll have to look at an RO setup or equivalent. The tap water in the UK is pretty hard and “mineral” heavy. Can see it in the bottom of my humidifier - orange staining; same if I leave water in a clear plastic barrel for too long. Leaves hideous orange staining that doesn’t swill away, needs agitating to remove it.

I think watering is my issue. I’m not doing it enough. Need a 100L tank as trying to keep up with buckets and barrels is a real chore.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Cheers gents. I’ll have to look at an RO setup or equivalent. The tap water in the UK is pretty hard and “mineral” heavy. Can see it in the bottom of my humidifier - orange staining; same if I leave water in a clear plastic barrel for too long. Leaves hideous orange staining that doesn’t swill away, needs agitating to remove it.

I think watering is my issue. I’m not doing it enough. Need a 100L tank as trying to keep up with buckets and barrels is a real chore.

Sounds just like my humidifier before I got the RO system.
20191213 205902

Now I have replaced that filter and cleaned it out since that day, and with the RO water, it still looks factory clean and new after over a month.

RexHamilton

RexHamilton

Yea looks like you got enough minerals.....cancel spa day 🤣
😂😂

well I’m going Homebase in 20mins to get a slimline 100l tank, then ill report back in a couple hours after I’ve flooded my house and the Mrs has kicked off 😂😂

anyone use tank agitators or air pumps for their water storage?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Haaa, yea im in the "mrs kicked off " club , but i think we call it something different here in the usa 🤣

RexHamilton

RexHamilton

So far so good with the “Mrs” lol.

tank is in with the 50l of stood water I had to make sure it’s not gonna blow the tap out the bottom or something. Seems good.

Attached video of my watering for review.

be gentle. Or don’t, I’m a big boy 😂👌🏻

C78CBA4A 6569 4D86 B139 62CD0C41CB9E
chemistry

chemistry

If they were mine, I'd water to soaking point twice a day with 500ppm of A and B to get them going, which would include what ever ppm's come out of the tap in my total PPM count, coco needs to be watered as it has no PH of it's own, I like 6.2 in coco, gives me a couple of points to drift.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I think you've pretty much got it sorted. How do you feel about those airpots?
My fear with aeration containers is that the water finds channels and flows free before having a chance to fully saturate the substrate.

Top Bottom