Magnesium concentrate (Mag Amp)

• Thread starter JPLord01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JPLord01

JPLord01

I'm running 6/9 in coco with a dosatron set-up. What I need is a magnesium concentrate to bring my ppm's up 20 ppm's more. I would like it to be 5 - 8 mls per gallon, if possible. How many grams of epsom salt per gallon are needed to achieve this? Cutting Edge Solutions Mag Amp cost $80/gallon, so I'm looking for something similar at less cost, that I can make myself.

Thanks.

dankworth

dankworth

I'm running 6/9 in coco with a dosatron set-up. What I need is a magnesium concentrate to bring my ppm's up 20 ppm's more. I would like it to be 5 - 8 mls per gallon, if possible. How many grams of epsom salt per gallon are needed to achieve this? Cutting Edge Solutions Mag Amp cost $80/gallon, so I'm looking for something similar at less cost, that I can make myself.

Thanks.

That company is one of the worst values out there. Mag amped my ass. Good of you to ask about this, JPlord. I also did a 3k mpb like yours in my walk-in closet. Thanks for that.

So if you need 20 ppms more magnesium, you will need a 4-6 pound bag of epsom from the drugstore, and your digital scale. I like putting the salts into a freezer bag for a containment vessel in between steps.

One gram of salt per liter is 1000 ppms. Of 1000 ppms of epsom, 9.8% of them will be magnesium. 13% will be sulfur. Sulfur is good, I'm sure you've heard. So lets say we will get 19.6 ppms to make this easy. That would be .2 grams per liter. Which is .757 grams per gallon. So .75 grams per gallon would give us about 19.4 ppms magnesium.

You should check out the fertilizer salt threads. We can maybe save you up to thousands of dollars a year. If you post your nutrients, we may be able to help you reverse engineer it for super hella cheap.

Good to see you around here.

Edit-I reread, saw the 6/9, is that lucas? What are the NPK values for 6/9 lucas again?

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

1 gram Epson salt per gallon

Edit:Ooops sorry about that Dank, we must have posted at the same time.

Cheers!

JPLord01

JPLord01

I know that 1 gram will get me to 67mg. Im not running a rez Im useing a Dosatron it pick up the food from the jug and mixes it then out to the plant. So how many grams of epsom do I need to make a gallon jug of concentrate so I can hook it up to the Dosatron? 6/9 NPK is 97N 60P 105K 67Mg 61S and 97Ca. Thanks Dankworth for the info and HydroRocks. The Mix is 1:1000 is 5 mils from the Dosatron if this helps. I got to go But I will check in later. Thaks guys

dankworth

dankworth

I know that 1 gram will get me to 67mg. Im not running a rez Im useing a Dosatron it pick up the food from the jug and mixes it then out to the plant. So how many grams of epsom do I need to make a gallon jug of concentrate so I can hook it up to the Dosatron? 6/9 NPK is 97N 60P 105K 67Mg 61S and 97Ca. Thanks Dankworth for the info and HydroRocks. The Mix is 1:1000 is 5 mils from the Dosatron if this helps. I got to go But I will check in later. Thaks guys

I am guessing that if the mix is intended to be a 1000x concentrate, that you would need 750 grams epsom/gallon instead of the .75g/gallon. I would have to know total solution volume, ppms, and the exact strength of the concentrate to figure out what impact 5 mls of said concentrate would have on the system.

I would have to sit there for quite a while all high with a calculator to try to figure that one out. I am sure there is someone fresher academically who has had the benefit of a parentally-funded high protein diet lately who is up to the task.

Where are those smart kids in their twenties with the free time when you need them?

Edit-thanks for the lucas figures. I had been wondering about that for a while.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Thanks bro I will try the 750grams to a gl for my concentrate. Then I will do a ppm test and see where it come out to.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Thanks bro I will try the 750grams to a gl for my concentrate. Then I will do a ppm test and see where it come out to.

dankworth

dankworth

Can't rep Quantrill yet again.
Thanks so much Quantrill.

Edit-I know it is only just over a 2% difference, but I believe epsom is 9.8% Mg.

JPLord01

JPLord01

That what I needed Dankworth you where not to far off with your 750 grams so I need
38 more grams and I will be on point. Thanks for all the help people. Thank you Quantrill
you the man.

Top Bottom