Magnesium deficiency or something else?

• Thread starter stonedrider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stonedrider

Hello folks :)

This is my second grow and I still need some help. Can somebody tell me what is going on with my plant, according to the pictures?

The plant is SS AK-47 grown in BioBizz AllMix medium. I'm watering it every 3 days with BioGrow, Bloom and TopMax as it's written. The pH is 6.4-6.6, and the temp and humidity are okay.

First I thought that this is Mg deficiency, and added some Epsom salt, but this was 6 days ago and there is still no change in my plant.

Please give me advises. Thank you

Magnesium deficiency or something else
Magnesium deficiency or something else 2
Magnesium deficiency or something else 3
Magnesium deficiency or something else 4
Magnesium deficiency or something else 5
M

Mercenary

Yes that looks like the problem. (Magnesium deficiency)
If you put up more pictures it may be of help to further confirm.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Can we get more pictures of the plant?

The first picture looks like Mg deficiency. The third looks like you have some sort of mosaic virus. Have you noticed half of the leaves yellowing and curling? Do you smoke tobacco around your plants or handle them after you do? The fourth picture makes it look like you have mites or some other pest.

S

stonedrider

Here are some more pics.

No tobacco smoke around the plant and definitely no pests on it, i have double checked five min ago :) But you are right about the yellowing and curling of only one of the leave sides. I don't know anything about the mosaic viruses. Is there a cure for this? Is my plant going to die?

I didn't know what to do, and I flushed it yesterday evening. Should I go on with the watering with the Biobizz nutes like the table says or...?

SDC11096
SDC11098
SDC11100
SDC11102
SDC11103
SDC11104
phenotyper

phenotyper

The more I look at it, the more I am convinced it is TMV. Another website had this image which looks strikingly similar to what I see on your plants.

I don't want to freak you out just yet, so I'm going to wait until another opinion comes along.

332690078-IMG_5114_resize.jpg

or look at this google image search:

Basically, the bad news is, there isn't a cure, and even a dead leaf can infect a new plant. The virus causes the leaves to curl, and destroys their ability to photosynthesize. As light continues to hit them, they get depleted, turn yellow, and die.

Where did you get the cuts? Or maybe it was a seed made from an infected parent?

Is this your only plant? Are others exhibiting symptoms?

S

stonedrider

I have strated this plant from a seed and unfortunately yes - this is my only plant :( I'll continue to feed it as usual, and see what will happen. It needs another 30 days before harvest.

Thank you phenotyper for your help.

O

organicfreak

whats ppm,or e.c are you feeding @?
IMHO
looks like either ph is to high.Which is locking out mag/others,or your not feeding enough try 1000-1400ppms .7 conversion

o

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

looks like high ppm and high ph my guess mag diff. looks like rust spots i would flush and get the run off water check ppm and ph .

S

stonedrider

I'm checking the pH before watering, and I'm keeping it 6.4-6.6, but my mistake is that I did not check the pH of the run off water. The feeding is as written in the Biobizz table.

Watering - 2 liters per 2 days.
1st portion - in 1L water -1ml Grow+3ml Bloom.
2nd portion - in1L water - 3ml TopMax + 1-2 drops Supertrive
pH correction (if needed) with lemon juice.

I still don't have a EC meter.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I see at least three issues going on there.

First, the mosaic virus that pheno points out.

Second, the appearance of the one section that looks like it's been infested with spider mites--you REALLY need to be sure you've got that under control, check very closely (use a loupe or other magnification) and make SURE.

Third, you have the beginnings of a phosphorous deficiency, but coupled with the light green appearance of the leaves makes me wonder if perhaps pH of the medium or feed isn't out of whack. Once that occurs, you can push all the food you want and the plant won't ever be able to utilize them.

S

stonedrider

No mites or other pests for sure.

The pH of the run off water is 6.1-6.2

Added a little epsom - 1/4 TS in 1L.

I'll keep feeding it and see what will happen till the end. Thank you guys for the advices.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's the MgSO4 going to do for the P deficiency?

R

recreationaluse

OK DONT FREAK OUT AND DONT LET OTHERS FREAK YOU OUT. first and foremost before you try to guess at what type of defficiency it is GET THE RUNOFF PH. that is a big cuplrit when facing what appears to be multiple defficiencies. so before we deal with treating ANY deff. get your runoff ph straight by flushing. also change your feeding schedule most manufactures give you a 12 week schedule but dont compensate for salt buildups and all kinds of other crap

S

stonedrider

The MgSO4 is to try to fix the Mg deficiency, and it is as addition to the Biobizz foods (Grow, Bloom and TopMax).
Like I said before - there are NO spider mites on the plant.
The P deficiency apear after I flushed the plant, so I believe returning to regular feed schedule will fix the P deficiency.

The runoff water is 6.1-6.2, so is this a problem? I'm watering with pH 6.4-6.6

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Your pH is fine. I see 0 mite damage. Frankly i question the mg deficiency but the epsom will not hurt anything at all.

The sickle leaf, where half is green and half is worked, that looks like a zinc issue.

The fact that your deficiencies are minor, but pervasive (all over the plant) id be looking more into first and foremost watering issues (im guessing over watering) and also your heat/humidity.

Hope that helps

T

TheIndianMan

Maybe remove the infected parts of the plant in attempt to stop the spreading of the virus? Hope it's ok. Good Luck.

A

amstercal

You know, the 4th pic really looks like mite damage, but I went back for a second look, and I'm reconsidering. I wish the pic were better. Have you been using any Neem/Azamax or any pesticides or anything?

S

stonedrider

No esticides or any other chemicals have been used on this plant. Like I said - I'll keep feeding it and see what will happen :) Thank you all for the help. I'll post a few fresh pics later.

redman420

redman420

I dont think you have mosaic virus because i dont the see any black spots,and its only on the lower leaves looks like a mag problem but most mag problems start with to much nutriuts in the plant making the plant not be able to intake nutrients.flush with water fo the rest of your 30 days and see if it helps

Top Bottom