Magnesium Deficiency?

• Thread starter Mendoli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mendoli

Mendoli

New to this group, so if this post is in the wrong place please let me know where it belongs. I’ve got a round of lemon kush 3 weeks showing what looks like mag deficiency. Not sure. In king’s mix. Temps 65-72. Humidity 50-60%. Running cal/mag 1/2 tsp/gal. Maybe I should try epsom salts? Looking for any feedback from the THCfarmer family. Thanks

Magnesium deficiency
Magnesium deficiency 2
Magnesium deficiency 3
Magnesium deficiency 4
Magnesium deficiency 5
Magnesium deficiency 6
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Did she stop growing? Is your soil ammended? How often do you water and do you use any beneficials? I recently lost 4 babies to root rot due to my laziness and it looks like thats what it is. Take it out of the pot clean the roots with water and have a look, if the roots are all white and healthy replant in a rich soil if not then you should give a nice h2o2 bath to the roots after pruning the dead materials then plant in a clean and light soil with beneficials and feed something with phosporus and potassium no nitrogen until it establishes a root system. I may be overreacting because of my own experience but it never hurts to check the roots.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Did she stop growing? Is your soil ammended? How often do you water and do you use any beneficials? I recently lost 4 babies to root rot due to my laziness and it looks like thats what it is. Take it out of the pot clean the roots with water and have a look, if the roots are all white and healthy replant in a rich soil if not then you should give a nice h2o2 bath to the roots after pruning the dead materials then plant in a clean and light soil with beneficials and feed something with phosporus and potassium no nitrogen until it establishes a root system. I may be overreacting because of my own experience but it never hurts to check the roots.
Thats a lot of work

Mendoli

Mendoli

Not a bad idea to slide one out and take a full look. I peer down the sides occasionally to check rooting activity. They seem ok. I’ll report back on that. Been watering every few days on average. I try to let them dry out a fair bit, went too dry on one watering. Seablast light feeding every other with cal/mag and rhizos. Seems like it’s chasing my old growth towards the top which is why I was thinking Mag. Trying not to heavily over-correct in any way but thinking maybe I should try.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I would flush out the plant, and add a bit of DE earth, do you see pests? Could be a root problem, do you have a fan on your plant when the lights are on? If it were me I would flush out the plant add a bit of DE Earth and see what happens if you can stop it now you can prune that off as your plant grows, try and keep your ph in check.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If there is a possible root issue why flush? Introducing more water to what could be a root issue equals more root issues bro. A simple pH adjustment would get things right back on track.

Mendoli

Mendoli

I would flush out the plant, and add a bit of DE earth, do you see pests? Could be a root problem, do you have a fan on your plant when the lights are on? If it were me I would flush out the plant add a bit of DE Earth and see what happens if you can stop it now you can prune that off as your plant grows, try and keep your ph in check.

Seems like flushing with a adjusted PH water might be a good starting point. Does DE have an effect on PH?

Mendoli

Mendoli

If there is a possible root issue why flush? Introducing more water to what could be a root issue equals more root issues bro. A simple pH adjustment would get things right back on track.

Good point. What’s a good way to adjust PH in soil without the water flush?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Soil has it's own buffers, just keep whatever liquids your using pH adjusted to what was recommended, they will recover. I also wouldn't be feeding it yet because there's plenty of food in the soil for the first few weeks. Only flush is your dealing with real nutrient lock out

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

DE Earth is fossilized diomites witch is organic and contains both cal- mag, to my knowledge it wont affect your ph, but if you have either a pest problem or a cal-mag deficiency this is the stuff, the first thing i do when i see that is flush out my plant, this is to get rid of anything that may be causing that, I then sprinkle DE Earth around my plant let it sit for a day then water again lightly, after your first flush drain completely and airate your soil, this usaly works, and I did tell you to check your ph.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I don’t ph my water and never run into deficiencies with a 8.0 water but i also throw in some aacts now and then so my soil is alive and i don’t use bottled products much. I really don’t think there is much difference with phed and straight from the source when it comes to soil. Used to balance the ph now i let the rhizosphere take care of it.

Top Bottom