Magnetized water equals bigger buds?

• Thread starter Rabbi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
waayne

waayne

Nuttso's right on,the better your water quality the happier your plants will be,whether your doing soil or hydro

nuttso

nuttso

because you can make water do stupid pet tricks doesn't mean it will do shit for your plants. if this technology was anything more than snake oil, large scale farmers would be using it.

good call nuttso.

sup bro, hope everything is fine.

damn man i know i promised u some pics of my mango but my fuckin cam got damaged. Some killer smoke for sure. Tryin to reveg here right now and give her another run with more light.

Blaze

Blaze

I have yet to see any convincing evidence that magnetizing water actually does anything. I've done a fair amount of research on this myself, and have never turned up anything other than suspicious claims, and PR crap from the companies that make the devices.

If they work so well why are they not being used in commercial agriculture? The concept of using magnetism to influence plant growth has been around a loooooong time (at least a good century) so if it works, then how come no one uses it?

I know that magnetism and magnetic and electric fields can and do influence plant growth, but the question is, do these magnetic conditioners influence plant growth? Simply stating that magnetic fields are good for plants, so there fore these magnetic conditioners are good for plants is a faulty and fallacious argument.

If anyone has any real info on how these things work (like a peer reviewed scientific study or some sort of other valid test) by all means please share! At this point I have concluded that the magnetic conditioners are a bunch of snake oil, unless someone can provide some compelling evidence to prove other wise.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Why is RO water so much better for plants? I feel like stripping everything out of the water is not neccessarily a good thing for the plants or for myself. I have R/O filter but notice if i use straight r/o water on the plants they have more issues and in generaral seem to do better with my (soft) tap water. As for myself I find myself still feeling "thirsty" a lot of the time after drinking r/o water, feel like i am craving the salts and minerals stripped out. Not the same when i am at the office drinking bottled water (that has higher ec than my tap water). Nothing scientific here, just some more stoned personal observations (to state the onbvious).

JB

B

bicycle racer

electrolysis is good for making ionized silver to make fems and such but i cant see what application that or magnetized water would have for general use. i know most organisms are negatively affected by high levels of magnetic forces. like living near high power lines etc.. i just dont see huge growth differences being achieved this way.

B

bicycle racer

the standard water i use is reverse osmosis filtered uv filtered carbon filtered micron filtered and deionized as well plenty pure enough for our basic uses. its also plenty pure enough for sea life such as invertabrates corals etc.. which are real easy to kill.

H

hclip

Why is RO water so much better for plants? I feel like stripping everything out of the water is not neccessarily a good thing for the plants or for myself. I have R/O filter but notice if i use straight r/o water on the plants they have more issues and in generaral seem to do better with my (soft) tap water. As for myself I find myself still feeling "thirsty" a lot of the time after drinking r/o water, feel like i am craving the salts and minerals stripped out. Not the same when i am at the office drinking bottled water (that has higher ec than my tap water). Nothing scientific here, just some more stoned personal observations (to state the onbvious).

JB

You know your not supposed to drink RO water right?
Correct me if i'm wrong but water naturally exists with minerals in it, when you take those things out its sort of like the water is in a "vacuum" state... when it passes through your digestive tract it can actually leach minerals FROM your system/body to get back to normal. I remember hearing stories of peoples hair falling out because they were drinking nothing but RO/distilled water and causing huge deficiencies in their bodies.

edit: Did some looking around and drinking RO or distilled isn't that bad if at all for you. Heres a link with some info,
http://www.cyber-nook.com/water/distilledwater.htm

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Reverse osmosis is *not* like distilled water, which is truly stripped of all other molecules except hydrogen bonded with oxygen (at a 1:2 ratio). I am incredulous that drinking water low in minerals is going to leach your body of anything, I'd have to see some papers/studies actually showing it's true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom