Magnifying glass/microscope for trichomes

• Thread starter Lowryda420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lowryda420

What does everyone recommend when it comes to magnifying/microscope to observe your trichomes? Make/model? I got the carson microbrite plus 60× - 120x and it's just really hard to see anything with even the slightest movement.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Yup, the greater the magnification, the shorter the viewable focal length. An eye loupe with a magnification around 20x will show you what ya need to see and require less of a steady hand.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
What does everyone recommend when it comes to magnifying/microscope to observe your trichomes? Make/model? I got the carson microbrite plus 60× - 120x and it's just really hard to see anything with even the slightest movement.
I like these but the issue us the stand, without a good solid stand they are frustrating and hard to use. When I got mine they offered another stand if I gave an Azon review I did they did and the stand is great.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I use a 15x or 30x clip on macro lens for a phone camera.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use a 15x or 30x clip on macro lens for a phone camera.
That would mean I'd need to buy a cell phone...lol......No spies in my pocket......mine still attaches to the wall but we got one of them fancy battery types that got no wires so I can sit down and talk while on my couch.......push button though, they came and took our rotary phone a few years back.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I use a wireless digital microscope and my smart phone. It's almost identical to the USB model posted above except its wireless. My wireless model cost me about $35.

Edit: I've repurposed my old tripod from the 35mm camera days. Like @PipeCarver was saying, some kind of stand is a must otherwise its hard to get clear pictures.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

That would mean I'd need to buy a cell phone...lol......No spies in my pocket......mine still attaches to the wall but we got one of them fancy battery types that got no wires so I can sit down and talk while on my couch.......push button though, they came and took our rotary phone a few years back.
I forget some people dont have cell phones. Where i live, i cant afford a landline, its 180 dollars a month on top of my 140 dollar internet bill. Fk mid hudson cable lol. 2 cell phones are 65 a month through spectrum, unlimited everything but mobile hotspot, only get 10gb a month for that.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
belomo jewellers loupe 12x 15x buy from belomo website..
its a real triplett loupe..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I forget some people dont have cell phones. Where i live, i cant afford a landline, its 180 dollars a month on top of my 140 dollar internet bill. Fk mid hudson cable lol. 2 cell phones are 65 a month through spectrum, unlimited everything but mobile hotspot, only get 10gb a month for that.
I jest with the land line, I pay $15/ month unlimited from Primus . Its an internet base phone if you have the internet you can use Primus in Canada ......if the internet goes out ....then so does our phone but we we're paying around $250 with Bell's phone /internet/tv bundle....I said fk it and went with internet only $85 for 1 Gig/mbps. added Primus phone $15,,,,,,,no TV I get all that online streaming... saves over $1000/ year and no more commercials on TV

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I jest with the land line, I pay $15/ month unlimited from Primus . Its an internet base phone if you have the internet you can use Primus in Canada ......if the internet goes out ....then so does our phone but we we're paying around $250 with Bell's phone /internet/tv bundle....I said fk it and went with internet only $85 for 1 Gig/mbps. added Primus phone $15,,,,,,,no TV I get all that online streaming... saves over $1000/ year and no more commercials on TV
Wow thats ridiculous, i stream all my tv too, i have an amazon firestick i hacked, plus i have all the streaming services too. My internet is almost double yours.... i hate where i live.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wow thats ridiculous, i stream all my tv too, i have an amazon firestick i hacked, plus i have all the streaming services too. My internet is almost double yours.... i hate where i live.
We have competing internet companies, I had bell internet 300/mbps $79 for 3 years contract then after it expired it went to $129.....Eastlink came along door to door salesman offered me 1 gig for $85...I said hello Eastlink...bye bye Bell it took 3 days and it was switched.Now I have Eastlink for 2 years at $85......when it runs out I'll see what Bell has to offer........all I need is 100mbps down....any more than that is lost in my old computers anyways.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

We have competing internet companies, I had bell internet 300/mbps $79 for 3 years contract then after it expired it went to $129.....Eastlink came along door to door salesman offered me 1 gig for $85...I said hello Eastlink...bye bye Bell it took 3 days and it was switched.Now I have Eastlink for 2 years at $85......when it runs out I'll see what Bell has to offer........all I need is 100mbps down....any more than that is lost in my old computers anyways.
Yep, i got caught in that scheme too. 2 years with midhudson at 82 +taxes, now its 130 +taxes. Unfortunately its either deal with what i have, or get hughesnet satellite internet which totally sucks. I have spectrum for my cell phone but they dont have cable or internet out here yet.

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Omg 😆

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

We had a jeweler's loupe and it worked fine for quick checks. We lost that so this thread reminds me to buy another. We also have one of those $30 microscopes. It works either with USB or wirelessly, but awkwardly. The microscope was helpful when we had an infestation of spider mites last summer. The stand is definitely a problem. I did the same as @MIGrampaUSA and used a tripod to get a stable image.

belomo jewellers loupe 12x 15x buy from belomo website..
its a real triplett loupe..
@GNick55, That's the brand I was thinking about buying when I saw your post. I see they have several level of magnification. Which is the best for viewing trichomes, the 10X, 12X or 15X?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

That's the brand I was thinking about buying when I saw your post. I see they have several levels of magnification. Which is the best for viewing trichomes, the 10X, 12X or 15X?
I just ordered the 15X with a lanyard from the Belomo website. From the reviews, it seems this is the one to buy.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I just ordered the 15X with a lanyard from the Belomo website. From the reviews, it seems this is the one to buy.
i have the 15x and it works great with my eyes and i also bought the 10x but still waiting for it to arrive.. id say either 12x or 15x..

Top Bottom