Magnum Plus

• Thread starter PatFenis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PatFenis

This light looks bad ass! Can't wait to hear some reports on it. Has anyone here ordered one yet???

357 magnum led

Magnum led

Magnum plus led

Magnumplusled

R

repoman

You can find all the info at their page:

Says they use Bridgelux, Epistar & Edison diodes. Are all of these good? Haven't heard about Edison before. Are these as good as the crees?

I've also heard the company doesn't honor their warranty, anybody got a comment on that? (I'm asking because I'm considering trying this out but don't wanna lose 1000 bucks if it's broken or breaks)

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

You can find all the info at their page:

Says they use Bridgelux, Epistar & Edison diodes. Are all of these good? Haven't heard about Edison before. Are these as good as the crees?

I've also heard the company doesn't honor their warranty, anybody got a comment on that? (I'm asking because I'm considering trying this out but don't wanna lose 1000 bucks if it's broken or breaks)

I had a problem with one of my fans not running on my Magnum and let them know through the Contact page on the Website, they had a replacement fan in my hands in about a week.

Replaced the fan and havn't had a problem since.

N

ninjahippy

dead diodes

i purchased a mag plus recently and I didn't open the box till just now. The lights were extremely bright so I had to wear sunglasses. But anyways, there are 7 diodes that don't turn on. Is its supposed to be like this or are they dead? Here are some pics...

IMG 0531
IMG 0534
IMG 0543
IMG 0527
IMG 0540
IMG 0542
P

PatFenis

I would say they are the UV, they look to uniformly placed to be random outages. Regardless that light looks sick, I hope you are gonna be doing a journal with that bad boy???

P

PatFenis

I just found out that their original magnum uses 3chip instead of 1chip which is less effective and has a much worse life time. Anyone know if the new magnum+ also uses 3chip?

If you're new to leds you can read about chips here: http://ledgrowlightsreview.org/1w-vs-3w-vs-3w-3chip-in-led-growing-lights/

you are wrong there repoman. from my research and understanding a 3w single diode isless efficient and less intense than a 3x1w. why? because a 3w diode is not 3 times more intense than a 1w. dont let these review sites (all of which are affiliates / seo guys who know nothing about leds) fill you head full of shit.

T

the ganjaman

I just got my mag + this light kicks ass I cant wait to get started

S

Spuzzum

you are wrong there repoman. from my research and understanding a 3w single diode isless efficient and less intense than a 3x1w. why? because a 3w diode is not 3 times more intense than a 1w. dont let these review sites (all of which are affiliates / seo guys who know nothing about leds) fill you head full of shit.

A 3w single chip diode has a further throw/beam distance than a 1w diode.. adding 2 more to make it 3x1w diode doesn't make the beam go further "vertically".. wider/horizontally yes.. but not downwards/vertically. A single chip diode is also more efficient at thermal management.. only 1 chip getting hot, instead of 3.

B

blue-dreamer

Interesting... so if the 3 watt one isn't penetrating more than the 1 watt ones..... whats the point?

G

Guy Smiley

My $0.02 on this...there is no doubt in my mind that 3 watts = 3 watts--whether it comes from a single LED or 3. That's the purpose of the "unit". Perhaps one is more efficient or has a better life expectancy. Who knows. I do know that the new Magnum Plus has 3x1 diodes per LED. You can see them if you look close and this is the LED I use.

C

cory123

people people, ill settle this last debate, a set of 3 - 1 watt single chips are as effective at lets say 6 inch form plant, as a single 3 watt single chip are as effective at lets say 10-12 inches. case closed, i would go with a light that has only bloom spectrum in it , like grow stelth led or advanced extreme flower., the grow stealth is 3 watt single chip and advanced is 1 watt single chip, they will operate the same depending on which height the lights are placed at. that magnum looks pretty weak for bloom mode, your only getting like 150 to 180 watts lol ,.veg with some kick as t5 bulbs and led boloom flower the fuck out of each plant, 90 watts for each plant :) i want 8 bubble bucket monsters and i plan to put 2 360 extreme flowers..sure there one watt, but ill have to scrog so that i can keep mu buds around the same level and put the leds very close. thats enough psycho bablbe form me

W

willy led wonka

You can grow large buds with this light just fine. Thats a pretty bold statement there Lush! Its one thing to push your product in a positive manner. Bashing someone elses hard work doesnt make your product--work or look any better. Its really quite negative for someone who's working hard to bring a new light out----in the same housing as some of the other models we have been lookin at for the last 2 years. Bashing magnums products really makes me want to go out and buy yours now...lol. Get real dude. Ive owned alot of led JUNK. As far as im concerned---there are some great companies out there. Time will tell if you and your product will be around in a year. I will say this about magnum---he does have some of the best customer service i have seen, of all the lights weve sold....they have the least amount of problems and returns. JMO.....keep it clean Lush....and you may have a chance in this game. Let your product speak for itself. The good ones always do.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

i want to see 1' cola's out of an LED

thats like a kid getting a hole in 1 on a par 4... please post some pics or it didnt happen!!!

P

PatFenis

Wow, I can't believe companies are still making grow lights with 1w diodes. Have you guys not seen enough failed grow test with these. There are a million. You can find a million grow test showing that red light can't grow bigger flowers than yellow light. There is a scientific reason for this too. You will never grow a large bud with this Mangnum LED. I do tho, I grow 1' colas off LED. But I am the only one, and that is because I use a different "type" of light. We are actually creating the light plants need for energy. This company along with all the others, never did any real scientific research.. So if you don't care about loosing weight go ahead and use this light. If you want big flowers, stay away.

Lush buys knock off lights from one of the mid sized manufacturers in ShenZhen China and brands it as kushanator and a bunch of other lame names. The good news for Lush is that a group of the big name manufacturers banded together to get rid of the fly by nighters in 2013 and will be selling "your brand" for the following prices starting March 1 after the Chinese holiday ;)

Kushynator $349.99
Vegetator $349.99
Lumenator $249.99
Vegatator $249.99

I'll post the link to the website that is selling this brand as well as penetrator, busybee, fero and others shortly. Lets face it, there is a market for knock off products like the ones Lush is peddling so why not buy it direct from the factory and pay a fair price for it??? Sorry Lush, better luck next time ;)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

HOLY SHIT!

i had no idea lush lightings "kushynator" was 1450 FUCKING DOLLARS?!?!? thats seriously like 5000% mark up, or they are paying the mark up.

that does not save you money. EVER. thats like buying a hybrid car right now, yeah you save a little, but with extra THOUSANDS up front it'll be an old piece of shit before you break even or even see profit from it.... when you need a new one...

that is ridiculous and there is no way any way that it would grow should cost that much. no way.

even if it sucked you off while it was on. no disrespect but i hope to god nobody has wasted their money on those things.

having worked for an industrial lighting supply company... that is ROBBERY! plain and simple.

350 like above still has a ton of profit in it.

Top Bottom