magnum xxl ventilation oreintation question

• Thread starter ogtealover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So my room is a rectangle shape that is 12ftLx3.5ftW and i am curiouswhat to do about runnin the ventilation as if I set the lights the way I set them now which I think is the most effecient the ducting will look like a snake instead of a strait line....So what should i do to get rid of the snake problem?

true grit

true grit

I run mine in a straight line, even with lights in a row, with a good fan i don't get more than 5-6 degree rise between hoods.

W

watercooled

If you gotta lay them that way, just make up for the restriction with a more powerful fan.

Make sure your "esses" are curved and have no kinks. Each curve will act as resistance, but you'll be fine if you get the CFM through them and that will only happen if you fan can overcome that restriction.

Post pics when you've got it done!

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

why not hang them in a srtaight row.
I am having a hard time picturing it. Can we get a pic bro,

W

watercooled

why not hang them in a srtaight row.
I am having a hard time picturing it. Can we get a pic bro,

Here is my understanding... His room is rectangle and he prefers to put the hoods as shown in the first drawing here:

Picture 13

If he put them straight they may look more light this.
Picture 12

I didn't draw to scale since I didn't notice he gave his room dimensions, but it should help you visualize it.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Those are some real cool sketches.
I have changed my venting system too many time's.
The best advice on here is to get a big fan. The stronger the better.
Then use 90 angles for the turns istead oof just bending the flex. Remember air flows like water.
So i would have the middle one bringing in the fresh air through a 6 or 8 inch duct depending on the duct hole on the hood..
Then on the other side of the middle hood have it t off to 4 inch duct going into the other 2 hoods.
Then the other 2 would come back up and meet in another T with the fan pulling from there. I will try to sketch something up for you.
Must stop for a bowl break with the wifey

W

watercooled

OK, well just drew it all up to scale and that SHIT would be VERY tight. I'm not sure you can fit it. 42.5 inches wide with a reflector that is 32.5 " and 6" ducting. I'm not going to spend the time drawing it as it's going to be very tight and I'm not sure what radius the 90 degree bends come in.

I think you are shooting for reflectors that are too large!

On a good note, I now have a component of the XXXL 6" drawn to scale :-)

W

watercooled

WC, Those drawings are sick bro! Wish I could whip those up thats badass!!

Thanks... I've just learned how to draw, so I take every chance I get to practice. It's from google sketchup and I simply watched the tutorials... I'm not anywhere near an artists, the software is just that easy after watching the tutorials.

Id prefer to run lights like the top picture, way better footprint and coverage imo,
But the other way works as well. In fact I see most set ups like the 2nd drawing.

Yep, unfortunately it's simply the wrong way to do it in this particular case.

Btw, I did squeezed a xxxl over a 42" by 36". it was a bitch to say the least and lamp swaps were a giant PITA.

Your setup is sweet :-)

Two words... dual arc!!!

Never change the bulb again (until it blows... or your regular change interval)

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So watercooled nailed it guys. And mad props to watercooled for drawing up the diagram. I added to your rep man! So i have two options here I can run it like the second snake like diagram. Make the room five feet wide instead of three and a half feet wide to make the ventilation fit a tad easier. And then beef up the exuast to compensate for the two hoods and a new carbon can filter. Or I can go budget and just get the Agrotech Magnum Reflector which si 31.25 inches by 29 inches hang the lights as intended and run the exaust as intended as well by running the air across the center of the bulb instead of the length of the bulb by building the housing myself then welding it for a perfect airtight seal. Then I need to get some glass from hardware store cut to fit (I assume any window glass would work fine please let me know if i am wrong on this) I would add it and tape it with some foil tape. Not sure but i kinda like the idea of making the room larger as this will equal more nugz of course:sun.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Thanks... I've just learned how to draw, so I take every chance I get to practice. It's from google sketchup and I simply watched the tutorials... I'm not anywhere near an artists, the software is just that easy after watching the tutorials.

Yep, unfortunately it's simply the wrong way to do it in this particular case.

Your setup is sweet :-)

Two words... dual arc!!!

Never change the bulb again (until it blows... or your regular change interval)

So what is the deal with the dual arc bulb? I am very curious. I would hate to be missing out on something that is useful to me.

W

watercooled

So watercooled nailed it guys. And mad props to watercooled for drawing up the diagram. I added to your rep man! So i have two options here I can run it like the second snake like diagram. Make the room five feet wide instead of three and a half feet wide to make the ventilation fit a tad easier. And then beef up the exuast to compensate for the two hoods and a new carbon can filter. Or I can go budget and just get the Agrotech Magnum Reflector which si 31.25 inches by 29 inches hang the lights as intended and run the exhaust as intended as well by running the air across the center of the bulb instead of the length of the bulb by building the housing myself then welding it for a perfect airtight seal. Then I need to get some glass from hardware store cut to fit (I assume any window glass would work fine please let me know if i am wrong on this) I would add it and tape it with some foil tape. Not sure but i kinda like the idea of making the room larger as this will equal more nugz of course:sun.

Give us all the info in your room. # of fan(s) how many lights, wattage and roof height as a minimum. Growing style and medium would help, for example: will you use trays at 4' height? How is the room going to be layed out? Do you need walking space? Is there a single entrance to the room? Do you need to take up floor space for equipment?

^ With that info you can plan a layout that will maximize your space.

P.S. Don't listen to the ladies... they try to make you feel better by saying it's not the size of the boat, but rather the motion of the ocean... BULLSHIT... I don't care who you are, it takes a LONG ass time to get to England in a row boat... know what I mean?

Bigger IS better!

So what is the deal with the dual arc bulb? I am very curious. I would hate to be missing out on something that is useful to me.

Dual arc... both HPS and MH in a single bulb. Full sprectrum throughout the grow. You know how some add MH bulbs during flowering to dense up the flowers?

Ushio and Horilux both make some. I've seen others out there to... Here is a link http://www.horticulturesource.com/u...6499/?osCsid=59206147863fa70b4f40e3465b780fc9

X

Xceptional

i am in the same boat! i have a 10 x 10 sq room and only 3 xxxl hoods. i can run 1 8" 740 cfm fan to two and a 6" 440 to another if need be but I'm running sealed and that sounds like a pain in the ass to do. mine are setup in a big circle basically. kicking myself for buying 6" instead of 8" hoods.

E

easypleasie

One thing you might want to consider is the ease of taking bulbs out and cleaning the glass. If you have the hood vents facing out, it's easier access and you get a little better light coverage with some overlapping action. And yes, bigger is better lol. You can always slow the fans down with a controller. I had to do that to add heat to my room when it was freezing outside. Good luck!

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So the room will be packed wall to wall I need no walking room. 12ftx3.5ftx8ft I have two 1000watts hps. soil blend. various strains. and a small 409cfm fan I want to add 2 magnumxxl reflectort but short on room as someone has pointed out(thank god!). i am kinda gearing towards a sealed room but one peice at a time, we started with two shop lights and we have been adding equipment slowly

Top Bottom