Magnum xxxl wiring help needed

• Thread starter lucky14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lucky14

I have a magnum xxxl reflector bought in the uk, now normally when we receive them in the uk we get a conversion plug from the Us plug to a Uk iec plug as they come wired up with an american iec type plug.
My partner thought it would be a smart move just to cut the american plug socket off so we could wire it direct using a uk iec, this is due to him misplacing the conversion cable.

The american wire comes as green white and black where as uk wire is blue (neutral) yellow/green (Earth) and brown (live)

Could somebody please let me know what the neutral earth and live is out of the Us green white an black wire.

Much appreciated

M

mrduke

red is live white is neutral and green is the ground better be carefull lots of power going thru that wire

L

lucky14

Hi h,
Yes that's correct as I think i'm right in saying the uk is 120v, Do I have to do anything differently when wiring it to 120v from us 240v?

L

lucky14

Arghhh I'm so confused, the uk is actually 240v and the Us is 120v according to my Google research, so what do I have do do differently to wire it up to uk spec, I'm making this so complicated for myself and as you can tell I'm a complete Neanderthal when it comes to electrics.

Top Bottom