Mail Order Sex Your Seedlings?

• Thread starter DoobieDuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Not an advertisement by me, but in a recent highly circulated cannabis magazine I see advertised Screen Your Green ..these people send you a kit that allows you to take seedling impressions 2 weeks after germination and send them back to them for sex determination. This must work on DNA sample but I am unsure of that, they do not disclose it.

..anyone used this, anyone have any results? As a seed grower I'm terribly interested? If they've been out for years and I'm just old and just discovering it...good for me. Peace..tagged...yes I might try them out...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
There has been a couple of threads here on this,
in one (the one I can't find) it was decided that it wasn't much quicker
than divining pre flowers--
don't know if it was the same place or not...

NCascadeSolo

NCascadeSolo

No, I just heard of this also. Was reading here someone had used a service and sent them off and now I can't find it either. @hawkman might know more?

Seems expensive and risky. Sort of pointless too, I think unless you're commercial. imo

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry if I was repetitive, I did search for threads of this type but did not find one. I know Step Hill has done this but much more spendy.

Nice additions everyone. Pricing on this is 10.99 for a kit that can ship plant samples from 10 plants then its another 24.99 for each plant to be tested. Around $260.00 for 10 plants.

For Med growers like myself in Cali being allowed 12 immature plants which moves to 6 mature, this a small investment to guarantee I'm growing all female.
When some plants are not showing sex nearly as earlier as others it can guarantee me all 6 females rather than having to pull plants before showing sex-if that makes any sense. Many years when having mostly male rates I end up with only a few girls while spending a lot of time, space, and energy on those males....

H

hawkman

Look at Leaf.com - will get that one's I have seen. Know what you mean all the work and nutrient one use for Males - it does suck and a waste of time and money on them (males)

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Anyone know the turn-around time on these tests now???--
I imagine they'll be getting quicker and more accurate over time...

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
There has been a couple of threads here on this,
in one (the one I can't find) it was decided that it wasn't much quicker
than divining pre flowers--
don't know if it was the same place or not...
@Seamaiden ...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I only recall one thread and the conclusion was that, due to turnaround times, it was just as effective to start your seedlings and flip them to sex them out on your own. That's really all I know about this particular subject. :)

mancdank

mancdank

Not an advertisement by me, but in a recent highly circulated cannabis magazine I see advertised Screen Your Green ..these people send you a kit that allows you to take seedling impressions 2 weeks after germination and send them back to them for sex determination. This must work on DNA sample but I am unsure of that, they do not disclose it.

..anyone used this, anyone have any results? As a seed grower I'm terribly interested? If they've been out for years and I'm just old and just discovering it...good for me. Peace..tagged...yes I might try them out...
There was something at the bottom of the page about this I wonder if it will show if there's any hermie traits now that would be usefull

Screenshot 2016 03 12 13 11 16
Top Bottom