Main-line prep before going outside

• Thread starter tj Wise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tj Wise

tj Wise

Mainlining: Turning the 3rd node into the lone hub to create either 8 or 16 parallel colas. Me: I want to do some indoor-prep this winter, prior to next summers' outdoor grow season. Okay, so I'm a dreamer and a schemer with very little experience.... but how crazy is this? I don't care about "losing time" because I'm just getting ready for Spring when I can go outside. I want plants in tip-top shape by the end of April.

1) Starting the grow room: When the 4th node appears, supercrop #1 -- between node 2 and node 3 -- which will direct more energy to the lower nodes.

2) When supercrop #1 has healed, and the 5th node appears, supercrop #2 -- between nodes 3 and 4 -- which will heal into a stronger and wider stem.

3) When supercrop #2 has healed, and the 6th node appears, top #1 -- right above the 3rd node -- removing the top 2 nodes.

4) After 7 days, supercrop #3 -- between nodes 4 and 5 -- which will heal into a stronger and wider stem. Remove the branches and leaves for node 4.

5) After supercrop #3 has healed, remove everything under node 3. For now, keep any fan leaves on node 3.

6) When the growth is strong, top #2 -- create 4 colas.

7) When the growth is strong, top #3 -- create 8 colas.

8) Certain strains can support 16 strong colas. If yours can, then top #4.

10) When the growth is strong, remove any remaining fan leaves.

11) Train the colas to form a wheel or clock symmetry.

12) Every 1-3 days, supercrop one of the colas -- until each has been supercropped two times.

13) Transplant outside when the weather permits. You should have a fairly symmetrical beast with wide and strong pipes, ready to thrive.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I am totally certain a rooted clone planted on the same day would out perform in terms of yield and vigor. I have had plants I veged for 1, 2, and 3 months... Each was WAY outdone by the clones I had taken within the week. They took to the transplant faster, and blew the fuck up until august. The old plants puttered along. In the end most of the stuff looked the same, but why waste 2 or 3 months under 1k's or any light? Fresh clones in the ground, no other bs. Unless you have a privacy issue and cannot grow a big ass plant, in which case: force flowering.

Bottom line... Tip top shape from a week out of the cloner is way less crazy a concept than: Tip top for many months on until transplant then the whole outdoor season as well.

Can you do what you described? Sure. Is it going to get you more bud than a fresh clone unfucked with? no.

Not in quality, not in quantity, not in vitality, and IMO not even aesthetically would any form of training produce a "better plant". If you have something prone to mold, open it up... If its even worth keeping at all. If you have fluffy bs on the bottoms, cut that crap off next time. Once again, if its worth keeping at all.

If it brings you joy, fantastic. People espalier apples too, I would just rather have a normal unfucked with apple tree. Produces more apples every time. But thats apples to oranges isnt it? Or is it?

tj Wise

tj Wise

Thanks Panda, I want to put my time into things that might work! Very Much Appreciated!

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Ha ha there is still time to get on out there this year! Best of luck bro.

tj Wise

tj Wise

I have 12 growing now, so I should be semi experienced by Thanksgiving. Im just thinking of how to be best prepsred for next year. Its all good.

Top Bottom