main-line topping ******best method******

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nugteq

Nugteq

http://i36.invalid.com/albums/e31/Kimcompassion/IMG_20170419_154951_zpsemyitq9d.jpg

http://i36.invalid.com/albums/e31/Kimcompassion/IMG_20170419_160316_zpsiuoec9fg.jpg

I approve this message ^ ^

Last edited:
S

Socalking

I got somewhat similar results by tying over all of my mains at a 90 degree angle and throwing it directly into flower, only bad part is that the center of my plant is lacking a main now -,- I am for sure going to try this technique with GSC clones in DWC with only a two or one week veg time, but I will without a doubt clean them to look identical as the OP's. I am on day 20 of flower, the strain is Super Lemon Haze( sativa with gnarly branching) in 20-25 gallons of coco and perlite.

IMG 1561
IMG 1536
Reactions: Ina
A

Aaelariadeu

Bout 8 wks old, havnt really kept track. OG K 3rd gen clone so wasnt symmetrical to begin training, but ive got her opening up now. will flip in a couple of wks maybe.
IMG 4899
IMG 4902
IMG 4906
IMG 4907

Reactions: Ina
leamon

leamon

What is the third quarter from the first? Is the number of the first pair of true leaves from the blastula?

A

Aaelariadeu

Day 6 of flower, first time i seen her since flipping, really happy with the tight nodes and heaps of little bud clusters.
I have a height problem at the moment so am pulling the ties tighter as she stretches but not much of that happening yet.
Anyone tell me about the purple leaf stems??

IMG 4986

IMG 4988

IMG 4989

Junk

Junk

is it safe to do this with autos also?
They aren't my forte so this isn't gospel...

You have a limited amount of time. So for most auto's, you want to just let it veg uninterrupted and as quickly as possible.

I have grown maybe 8-10 autos, and topped a couple just to see what happens, and it was much better just leaving it.

If you want to top, just run photoperiod plants.

A

Aaelariadeu

It depends... what strain are you growing? Does it have a genetic predisposition for purple? It could be a phosphorus deficiency or a lockout of the phosphorus. Cold temperatures can also cause it and you can tell by some stems having purple spots in a blotchy pattern vs a consistent purple.
She OG Kush, I try and stay away from bottles so Ive been feeding her fermented flower extract for P and K but maybe it not enough. Seems to be consistent purple, not very cold here now.

faster

faster

F186A297 22B6 4833 A521 A2273AAD97D1
Hi all, what a great thread, I had to register and join the forum so I can ask a question.

I am at the point of trimming my plants to next trim. I topped off and have a nice pair growing and now I want to top off the two to make 4, or make manifold.
I’m a new grower and I’m not sure where to trim the two branches that started to grow out after topping to make another double branche.

Toaster79

Toaster79

View attachment 809972 Hi all, what a great thread, I had to register and join the forum so I can ask a question.

I am at the point of trimming my plants to next trim. I topped off and have a nice pair growing and now I want to top off the two to make 4, or make manifold.
I’m a new grower and I’m not sure where to trim the two branches that started to grow out after topping to make another double branche.

The two shoots you marked are to be left with their fan leaves and everything else should be removed. Once those two grow 5-6 nodes, you cut above 3rd node and remove everything below it

IMG 20180123 191630 333

Over and over again until you get the desired number of tops

faster

faster

45582CC9 AE05 4FF2 92DB 75EA58956C53
28F3453B 3D90 4712 AE3B EFEDD0ABFC22
The two shoots you marked are to be left with their fan leaves and everything else should be removed. Once those two grow 5-6 nodes, you cut above 3rd node and remove everything below it

View attachment 809980

Over and over again until you get the desired number of tops

Thanks very much. I just updated the shots, the first one is a week old.

It scares me I took new snapshot with the branches pulled away so you can see the stem and branches growth.

The 2 top branches have already 4 nodes!
The blue is the topping split. (I marked the left branch only.)
The yellow is 1st node, 3 reds are other nodes.

Could you be so kind and tell me where to cut? (You or Anyone)

Forgive me for being thick, but a snip-snip is non reversible.

Thanks all for reply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom