main-line topping ******best method******

• Thread starter clockworx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
euphoria526

euphoria526

I'd go one plant 16 colas. I do 4 plants in a 4x4 area with no room to spare. Unless you are wanting to try 2 different strains for variety purposes. I'd go sativa hybrid on one or indica on 2 plants per that footprint. I will always mainline my plants. I love the production and watching it grow into a bushy monster. View attachment 1080666
I hear ya, I would want to do 2 plants for variety. only issue I have is they are all regular seeds, so im always cautious about numbers, so I can get a higher chance of getting females

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I hear ya, I would want to do 2 plants for variety. only issue I have is they are all regular seeds, so im always cautious about numbers, so I can get a higher chance of getting females
You might wanna just say fk it and do 4 smaller containers topped twice shorter veg. Basically a single 16 cola plant. More varieties and better odds to utilize all your footprint. Possibilities are endless lol

euphoria526

euphoria526

You might wanna just say fk it and do 4 smaller containers topped twice shorter veg. Basically a single 16 cola plant. More varieties and better odds to utilize all your footprint. Possibilities are endless lol
so instead of 3 gallons do 1 or 2 gallons, then manifold the shit out of them? lol

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

so instead of 3 gallons do 1 or 2 gallons, then manifold the shit out of them? lol
I think you could do four 3 gal in a 3x3 easily. If you are not growing in amended soil that would be perfect. Only top them twice and do some femming and supercropping where needed. That's what I would try if I was wanting variety. Im only on my 3rd round so.....lol but I try to do my homework. Start a diary and let us know when you do so we can follow. I'm assuming you haven't of course.

euphoria526

euphoria526

I think you could do four 3 gal in a 3x3 easily. If you are not growing in amended soil that would be perfect. Only top them twice and do some femming and supercropping where needed. That's what I would try if I was wanting variety. Im only on my 3rd round so.....lol but I try to do my homework. Start a diary and let us know when you do so we can follow. I'm assuming you haven't of course.
not yet, im on my first successful run ( so far, fingers crossed) from seedling without killing anything, and of the 4 I do have growing I think 3 are males. so I plan on going a couple more weeks at least to see if they determine sex, cull the males, then scrog the remaining plant(s). I have 4 in 3 gal pots right now.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

not yet, im on my first successful run ( so far, fingers crossed) from seedling without killing anything, and of the 4 I do have growing I think 3 are males. so I plan on going a couple more weeks at least to see if they determine sex, cull the males, then scrog the remaining plant(s). I have 4 in 3 gal pots right now.
Excellent! Keep posting along then. Here's a couple clones of my current grow when I first topped them. I wanted to try a clone to see how it performs vs a seedling mainlined plant.
20210118 195316

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Nice job, so do you keep trimming the tops after this stage? or, do you let them grow up from this point?
Once you get the desired number of bud sites. I let them go and eliminate any that will not mature to amount to anything. Like removing the ones under the canopy. I don't lollipop as the lower nugzzz are good for concentrate.

RookieBC

RookieBC

Anybody tried to take it further I'm trying to stunt plants using stress and and HPS for veg to achieve 4 main stems off one knuckle. This is as close as I've gotten this far
PXL 20210317 065058072
PXL 20210317 065049850
PXL 20210317 065044021

RookieBC

RookieBC

Gnarly looking....
I know right, came up with the idea Mainlining/Manifolding would yield double if you doubled the amount of starting branches as long as they all come off of one node/knuckle. Soni was trying to invent something new lol

Dank.in.Donuts

Dank.in.Donuts

"Main-Lining"
The act of training a cannabis plant to form a "hub" or "manifold" off a single node, creating a center for equal energy distribution from the roots to each cola.

See that main-lined marijuana plant at harvest.... Nothing but huge, dense buds!

Hub: A place or thing that forms the effective center of an activity, region, or network.

Manifold: A pipe or chamber branching into several openings, "the pipeline manifold"

The result of main-lining marijuana is an even canopy and bigger yields with little extra effort.

No more larfy popcorn buds stealing energy away from the main colas!

Here's a few more marijuana main-lining pictures so you can see what I mean about the effortlessly even canopy. Main-lining is effective for increasing yields both indoors and outdoors.

Outdoors - Greater stealth & control

Indoors - Easy flat canopies & bigger yields with the same grow lights

Hello and I love this site @Aqua Man ! I topped or FIM’d my GDP/GSC and its only just turned 4weeks and when I grabbed it separated the tiny leaves on the top like I was told there were white hairs present and I clipped it down to 1/4in about above the node it had begun smell like a bud forming. Is that normal? or is this going to produce some sticky sticky buds since its still in Veg???
I am hoping I didnt fuck up my plant cus it looks beautiful and mother nature has been very kind considering im a moron.

280F757F ABB0 4CEC 905E 0CCB98565595
51F3B799 4B83 4C0A 9E23 2ADCA2651296
Top Bottom