Main Stalk Turning Purple...

• Thread starter LibertyHails
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LibertyHails

LibertyHails

so ill post pics later today but on my facemelt OG #3 the stalk is turning purple. I can guess all day, but does anyone have an answer for me? It was in the 60's for the last few weeks but now that i have a 1000w MH the temp is about 75. I was thinking it might be ca or mag deficiency?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Temps ever drop into the high 50s at night or lights off?

LibertyHails

LibertyHails

Temps ever drop into the high 50s at night or lights off?
It is possible before i put the MH into use. But i run the lights at night so the temps are no longer a problem. Im sure it may have dropped into the 50's at some point during the night

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I was just asking because any temps below 60 will generally bring out purple. Thats my best guess without pics

LibertyHails

LibertyHails

I was just asking because any temps below 60 will generally bring out purple. Thats my best guess without pics
i learned that during my last flower cycle. lol my plants all turned purple as fuck. But now i run my lights at night so the temps are more controlled. Does the temp turn the stalk purple? i thought it was just the leaves/buds that change color.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

LibertyHails

LibertyHails

No problem friend, good luck and good grow. Get a journal posted up! Lets see whatcha workin with lol
you too. ill deff get some stuff posted, just started using this forum and it seems like alot of experienced growers with alot of good info here. also quick replys!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so ill post pics later today but on my facemelt OG #3 the stalk is turning purple. I can guess all day, but does anyone have an answer for me? It was in the 60's for the last few weeks but now that i have a 1000w MH the temp is about 75. I was thinking it might be ca or mag deficiency?
Not even close. I'd really like to see pix, but in the meantime, are you talking the main stalk, or the petioles (what attaches the leaf to the main branch)? If the petioles, it's usually a sign that there is either not enough P, or that the plant can't use what P is available, or that it's too cold.

If overnight temps are getting into the 60s, or if the root zone is cold even though the canopy is warm, you're going to see a lot more of this along with the leaves kind of folding in on themselves, which is a response related to transpiration (we're getting into VPD territory here, but it's important to know what vapor pressure deficit is and how it works because plants don't have hearts, they really only have VPD, and some kinda quantum mechanics thing I won't even BEGIN to try to explain here), and then you'll start to see other deficiencies--all of which are related to operating temperatures.

I'd like to point out that the pix the user VERMONTSKUNKS posted are of a plant that is either P- or is unable to use what's available. The striped mains that the user jr42024 posted are a genetic trait. In my opinion.

In any event, to really determine what's wrong with *your* plants, it would be helpful to get some decent quality pix up along with more information. Feeding, media, pH values are all helpful.

In the meantime, go to the threads in my signature line. The first one I'd like you to read is The Charts. The second one I'd like you (and everyone else) to read is There is No Such Thing as a 'Cal-Mag' Deficiency.

Top Bottom