Main stem snapped!!! HELP

• Thread starter Nick343434
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nick343434

So I have a bunch of clones and while watering I managed to drop one of my nutrient bottles on a plant and it snapped its main stem I propped it up with what I could at the time and left it to heal itself and now seems to grow in a bit of a knuckle but i see an open would on it! Will it survive!

Main stem snapped help
Main stem snapped help 2
Main stem snapped help 3
B

Burned Haze

As a grower it’s stress - for the yields per say. But for survival reasons , I bet it will be just fine , exp if you taped it up and gave it some support till it was healed . a lot of growers before flower stage on purpose will “ high stress” their plants by breaking branches instead of “ low stressing “ where that means = Bending the plant down with a misc thing to keep it stretched down/give more sites.

I’ve had plants get broken by ladders or me while working midway in flower-end flower and the plant Inless it’s a runt/pussy it def can still keep going Inless the growroom/environment is out of whack ( environment is def 30%+ of the ending result )

Perception

Perception

Tape/splint it if it can't support itself, but it'll be fine. It's amazing how well they heal - a big knuckle will form over it, and I bet you won't even notice diminished water to leaves or visible stress.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So I have a bunch of clones and while watering I managed to drop one of my nutrient bottles on a plant and it snapped its main stem I propped it up with what I could at the time and left it to heal itself and now seems to grow in a bit of a knuckle but i see an open would on it! Will it survive!
it good put a piece of painters tape around it,just one wrap,all it do is keep anything out that dont belong,edges of the wound will close and continue on threw the fog,that big knuckle is what it needs for heavy buds,i like to pinch and this is the end result,when you harvest look like the horn the grinch stole christmas put on his dog,hahahah

MBVapester

MBVapester

Yes tape works. I have used duct tape but it’s hard to get off after. @Burned Haze is correct. I have pressed the main stem on clones to soften the inside and keep the outside in tact to bend to a 90 degree or greater and even then they come back uprigtht so I have to tie the bent part down. They have amazing resilience

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Best thing imo is to take some beeswax. Heat it in your hands make a dough and wrap it around the wound. Support it till the beeswax hardens. And voila you have perfect first aid for a broken branch. This is automatically shed by the plant when the knuckle forms. Its a perfect isolater and in my experience it heals the wound faster.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Doesn't honey attract bugs?

Good point. I usually dont worry about bugs too much in my indoor rooms. But i have gnats right now and dont want sugar on my plants.

Also I rarely worry about a break amd just prop them up to heal usually.

I think i will shut up now. :-)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Good point. I usually dont worry about bugs too much in my indoor rooms. But i have gnats right now and dont want sugar on my plants.

Also I rarely worry about a break amd just prop them up to heal usually.

I think i will shut up now. :)
Why? Honey is a good idea sans the bugs!
I always have gnats of some sort..FF soils bring them but when the last few bags are done..I am switching to Promix. I used to get my FF soils at a great price until the shop closed..Now at the price of $20 per bag..I am out.

The main stalk on a White Dragon Cookies split in the center the other day..so far nom effect and it's too late for me to even attempt a fix. (week 5 +)
If there is anything happening..no problem since I need the space anyway..The dudes have taken back their breeding tent with a vengeance..LOL

DJ Short Blueberry male

indicabush

indicabush

Why? Honey is a good idea sans the bugs!
I always have gnats of some sort..FF soils bring them but when the last few bags are done..I am switching to Promix. I used to get my FF soils at a great price until the shop closed..Now at the price of $20 per bag..I am out.

The main stalk on a White Dragon Cookies split in the center the other day..so far nom effect and it's too late for me to even attempt a fix. (week 5 +)
If there is anything happening..no problem since I need the space anyway..The dudes have taken back their breeding tent with a vengeance..LOL

View attachment 867414

Pollen chucking time...ha,ha,ha I'd like some of that,

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom