Mainline Or Supercrop?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

Mainline or supercrop
Mainline or supercrop 2

I had topped these 2 of my 4 girls. But is it to late to super crop or mainline?

when is to late and where if not too late should I super crop? and if I can mainline what would give a better yield of the 2?

thanks in advance.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Mainlining and supercropping are two different things.

You can search for the thread specifically about mainlining, supercropping is a bit different. You pinch a stem and bend it down severely. It's like a brutal, no ties version of LST. Mainlining, you're topping multiple times and using very specific LST to create a manifold of bud spears. LST is another option as well. Personally, I love LST. I start supercropping come the stretch of flower for height control as I'm in limited vertical space. I recommend researching a bit, you're at the right point to be considering mainlining.

bankcee

bankcee

You can search for the thread specifically about mainlining, supercropping is a bit different. You pinch a stem and bend it down severely. It's like a brutal, no ties version of LST. Mainlining, you're topping multiple times and using very specific LST to create a manifold of bud spears. LST is another option as well. Personally, I love LST. I start supercropping come the stretch of flower for height control as I'm in limited vertical space. I recommend researching a bit, you're at the right point to be considering mainlining.

First thanks bro for responding.

I'm aiming for a bigger yield and something I'm going to have fun doing.. I find the concept of mainlining very intriguing.

and super cropping. I've already topped at the 5th node.. about a week ago.

can these all be done at the same time? or if I mainline I won't have any stems left that need supercropping?

Also have you done all these?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Mainlining, no. Supercropping, yes. I supercrop quite regularly in fact, nearly daily as I am very limited in canopy height and rely on it so my ladies don't roast themselves on my lights. Mainlining has potential to increase your yield as you will only have solid buds, no larf or lower bud sites to contend with. The concept is you shouldn't need to supercrop with mainlining as it would basically be unnecessary. There's a pretty large thread here about mainlining I recommend reading. It'll clarify things for you rather well on that regard. If you're wanting to do a comparison, mainline one plant and supercrop another to do a comparative grow just for your own satisfaction. Definitely tools worth having in your arsenal, as you never know when you'll need to get a run away branch back level with her siblings.

bankcee

bankcee

any tips on doing these. I'm gonna do what you said about doing one one way and doing another the other way. and I'm gonna let two go naturally.

any specific tips where to top and super crop and where to start my mainline?

have a link to that thread..?

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

Super cropping and letting some grow normally will defeat the purpose of of super cropping unless you have separate lights and to a lesser extent space for each style. The goal of super cropping is to create an even canopy so all your bud sites are receiving an equal amount of light. I prefer super cropping over mainlining because in my attempts at mainlining it required a much longer veg time.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
^ right there. You can use the search function to find the thread about mainlining, it's a big one, 20 something pages about it with pictures and claimed benefits. I agree with Oregon Grown though, I prefer supercropping simply because I'm not a fan of cutting tops off unless absolutely necessary.

bankcee

bankcee

I'm outdoor growing so I have the plants a couple feet away from eachother. and yeah I have separate cfls to manipulate the photoperiod since I'm late in the season. and I've planned on letting them veg til about maybe feb or january and then light depping them.

Super cropping and letting some grow normally will defeat the purpose of of super cropping unless you have separate lights and to a lesser extent space for each style. The goal of super cropping is to create an even canopy so all your bud sites are receiving an equal amount of light. I prefer super cropping over mainlining because in my attempts at mainlining it required a much longer veg time.

I get that I don't really wanna cut all my growth. lol it hurts me.

^ right there. You can use the search function to find the thread about mainlining, it's a big one, 20 something pages about it with pictures and claimed benefits. I agree with Oregon Grown though, I prefer supercropping simply because I'm not a fan of cutting tops off unless absolutely necessary.

north knect

north knect

Where do u live growing tills those months lol? Any ways if growing outside I'd say go with supercropping..and seeing how (no offense plz) u are new to growing..mainlining takes a bit of skill and under standing how plants grow..do some research and I'm sure u will understand what I'm saying..I'd stick with supercropping for these outdoor girls..good luck pal ;)

bankcee

bankcee

I live in so cal. I have a tent to force them to flower in those months.. or just let 2 of them go til next august-september? lol idk what to do.

bankcee

bankcee

Where do u live growing tills those months lol? Any ways if growing outside I'd say go with supercropping..and seeing how (no offense plz) u are new to growing..mainlining takes a bit of skill and under standing how plants grow..do some research and I'm sure u will understand what I'm saying..I'd stick with supercropping for these outdoor girls..good luck pal ;)

also I need help on where to super crop my plants. and how many branches per super crop.. can I super crop the whole plant at once with out over stressing her.

north knect

north knect

By the looks of those pics I'd say just super crop the top just under the full set of fan leafs..or perhaps even wait another Week or so to start..they look a Little small ATM IMHO

JarJar

JarJar

Do you have an estimation of extra time added by supercropping? (Compared to no training at all) Thanks

fromogtothis

fromogtothis

I love LST as well my friend

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Mainlining is more for indoor growing where you are going to scrog a plant. Don't get me wrong I love mainlining but for outdoors there is a better way. It's called low stress training. I'd cut up an old bicycle wheel for the spokes. Bend one end over so you have nice stakes. You can pull the lower branches down and tie them or just hook them. Ether works great. Then mid way up the plant pull the branches down and tie them to the pot sides.
Once the plant is tied pull the main stalk over to the north and tie it in place so the mid day sun has access deep inside the plant. If you do this you end up with a plant 5' tall like this.
Lemon

All cleaned up at the end of the year.
Lemon bud

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom