Mainline training. Need advice.

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I don't see anybody doing this type of training. Mostly Scrog and topping manifold and manipulating the plants to grow horizontal. Has anybody done it with great success. I would imagine the biggest deterrent would be added time and extra stress? Any advise, yay or nay? Thanks.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I don't see anybody doing this type of training. Mostly Scrog and topping manifold and manipulating the plants to grow horizontal. Has anybody done it with great success. I would imagine the biggest deterrent would be added time and extra stress? Any advise, yay or nay? Thanks.

Yes I have many times. Just requires a very long veg. Harvested some great quality and quantity this way.

Mainlined this single plant and filled 4x4 along with hst.

0698786A 8D80 4B08 A708 B5DC30DD2EBB

bunkerking

bunkerking

If I had a light that covered a bigger area. Because of my plant count limits I'd likely main line then, or outdoors.

I just shape them like this to maximize the tiny light footprint I have.

But yes long veg time. A smaller light will keep them smaller while you train. But take even longer.

IMG 20200311 082802
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

If I had a light that covered a bigger area. Because of my plant count limits I'd likely main line then, or outdoors.

I just shape them like this to maximize the tiny light footprint I have.

But yes long veg time. A smaller light will keep them smaller while you train. But take even longer.
Your plants look awesome and you seem to nice big colas. I am just trying to figure out what route I want to take lol. I figured I can grow 4 in a 4x4 area of my tent. Depending on how many colas I choose. I thought about doing 8 on one and 16 on another of the same strain and then try like you do on the other two.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I mainline when I do photo's and never have stress or increased time factors. I believe I got instructions from a GWE article Nebula posted 4-5 years ago.
Great looking plants man! Awesome. I I hope mine turn out close to that. Those colas look tight! Nice even growing structure on them too! Im definitely going to train half my tent like that. Maybe all lol

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

My plants are forming the 3rd node now. I you think I should wait for 4th or 5th node?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Your plants look awesome and you seem to nice big colas. I am just trying to figure out what route I want to take lol. I figured I can grow 4 in a 4x4 area of my tent. Depending on how many colas I choose. I thought about doing 8 on one and 16 on another of the same strain and then try like you do on the other two.

Thanks. Always progressing, and trying to improve. I got tired of fighting the the lowers and middle branches. This time I fimmed all the tops super early on mk. Along with removing the lowers. Makes it all even quicker. So don't mimic but steal the ideas and adapt to your needs. :)

IMG 20200311 180212
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Wait or just fim to get growth hormones going and making the branches grow out. But I'd likely wait one more node.
That's the first time I have heard of fimming to get growth hormones going. So its not too early to fim?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I mainline when I do photo's and never have stress or increased time factors. I believe I got instructions from a GWE article Nebula posted 4-5 years ago.

More time=more veg=larger plants. Same principles. Nice plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom