Mainlining

• Thread starter morugawelder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
morugawelder

morugawelder

Don't mean to be stupid , just trying to educate myself , Anyone out there mainlining ?
and do you use a tomato ring ? Thanks !

morugawelder

morugawelder

o.k. my friends , she is 3 weeks into flower , I did a little pruning early towards the bottom , not sure how much I need to remove and where , to make those colas fat ! ( 8 colas )
She's in a 5 gal . and pretty big across , will post pics when I get home from work . thanks !

morugawelder

morugawelder

3 weeks and 3 days into flower , where if any should I remove ? thanks ,
IMG 6268
IMG 6269
IMG 6270

Reactions: Ina
breedwheel

breedwheel

I am finishing my second mainline. I cut tomato rings down and they worked well this time. I think your rings may be too low to do anything--did that my first time. These are my white widows a week out I think. The one on the right foxtailed bad...

IMG 1452
IMG 1453
IMG 1454
IMG 1455
breedwheel

breedwheel

Meant to say just had to put bamboo up to tie buds up yesterday because they cant support themselves at all--rings worked real well for me because I used them to tie colas down when training.

morugawelder

morugawelder

I'm just wondering if I should pluck the lowest popcorn buds , trim a few leaves up , try to get them colas fattened up , I don't mind little buds they go for edibles , but shooting for bigger colas and less little guys . Just wondering when I should remove them or even some branches off the mains , that have little stuff on them . First time at mainlining .

Ina

Ina

To be honest I wouldn't bother with mainlining.Looking cool but requires more time,mixed technics will also shape them nice and probably faster.....I have few started like that(not on purpose,i had to cut clones)but I prefer to just LST,super crop or whatever I decide in the moment,it doesn't have to be so symmetrical......Last pic is not started like that but also cute Blue dream-humbold.
morugawelder:You could clean some more things(lower small branches may be) but it looks very nice now!:)Cut by feeling or you can just leave it like that:)Other thing you can do is spread the branches a little more,put the bigger leaves under the tops.....May be I would cut off some bigger leaves but I don't know,I like it now without too much interruption:)May be you can take them off last weeks of flowering,before you chop......

P1010130
P1010131
P1010126
morugawelder

morugawelder

Your right it does take quite a while to get to where it is , she does spread out pretty big thats in a 4 x 4 , she's about 30 " across . Doesn't leave much room for another that way .I think I will leave it alone for awhile and do some trimming a few weeks before plucking . I'll be starting some Turkish cookies and Fruity Pebbles O.g. X alien dog cherry in a little while .
I think I'll maybe just does what you said , wanna get a couple of them in there .

YinYang420

YinYang420

not sure if i want to top for more colas or stick with 8 on this clone i have

20191223 101939

Latest posts

Top Bottom