Make a B student an A student?

• Thread starter freestatefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freestatefarmer

freestatefarmer

Hey gang, I'm very much still an amateur but wanted to run this one past the voice of experience. In my short time, I do realize/understand how important genetics are. And I know that someone like me is still capable of not extracting 100% from my plants regardless of genetics. Do any of you take "average" beans and raise/love them to where they turn into above average plants? Someone throw me a genetic/talent ratio as to what they work with.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can't provide any numbers for you.

What I found, when I grew a lot of bag seed, was that my weed was almost always better than the weed what was in the bag. There were a couple of freak plants that were just no good, but barring the freak plant that didn't perform, attention to the plant seems to improve it.

The plant is going to be limited by its genetics, but bringing a plant to full ripeness (about 10-30% amber, for my tastes) will bring the buds to, or very close to, their full potential. Most grow fuck-ups reduce yield and don't seem to harm potency as much.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sure. “Elite” so called strains today are more hype than so special. Decent genetics, proper stable environment and sufficient light and good gardening skills will take the plant to good potential.

Dinafem, Dinachem. Pretty mid price feminized seed. Grown in Ocean Forest with 25% added large chunky perlite and pure blend pro grow only when the soil nutrients depleted about week 2 in 12/12.

went 10 weeks in flower. Yielded just over 5 oz. in a 3 gallon nursery pot. Used Hortilux 600w hps.

she was a perfect grow. Easy plant. Never lost a leaf. Never gave more than 10 ml per watering of PBP.

I apologize as i have posted her before but she is a great example of a great budget plant.

88852BE4 FC1F 42A8 B6F7 8B2BAF8403BF
C8D870E7 44AE 4A97 A644 C7CFED38811D

growsince79

growsince79

Hey gang, I'm very much still an amateur but wanted to run this one past the voice of experience. In my short time, I do realize/understand how important genetics are. And I know that someone like me is still capable of not extracting 100% from my plants regardless of genetics. Do any of you take "average" beans and raise/love them to where they turn into above average plants? Someone throw me a genetic/talent ratio as to what they work with.
You reap what you sow.

growsince79

growsince79

If you breed a poodle to a jack russell, whats the chances of the pups growing up to be champion goose hunter? 70-30 lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom