Make/female

• Thread starter Strracer75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Strracer75

Strracer75

New grower I have some outdoor plants and was wondering how soon you can tell the male from females. Last year my attempted grow failed because I didn’t remove the males soon enough and it appears the male and females cross pollinated ? Is that possible? Thanks steve

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
New grower I have some outdoor plants and was wondering how soon you can tell the male from females. Last year my attempted grow failed because I didn’t remove the males soon enough and it appears the male and females cross pollinated ? Is that possible? Thanks steve
It's going to take until the plants start turning to flower and the days get shorter in mid - late August up here in the north. 1st week after they start to turn you'll be able to see the small balls forming.

Strracer75

Strracer75

It's going to take until the plants start turning to flower and the days get shorter in mid - late August up here in the north. 1st week after they start to turn you'll be able to see the small balls forming.
So when the plants start to ball those are males? And I should pull them right away?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
So when the plants start to ball those are males? And I should pull them right away?
Absolutely. You will see one hair starting to grow which will sign a female.

Edited*
Here’s a picture.
First pic is a male, second female, and third hermie.

39872A75 C56F 4861 9801 700629CB32E5
dire wolf

dire wolf

It's possible that the male released pollen on your female and seeded it , not sure what you mean by cross pollinated......
If there were a few males of one strain and a few females of another strain , then they could cross pollinate , but that's not really a concern , just identify your males early and kill them ....

Vaqueros Verde

Vaqueros Verde

do some research on how to read pre-flowers. You can determine sex way before they transition into flowers.

Strracer75

Strracer75

It's possible that the male released pollen on your female and seeded it , not sure what you mean by cross pollinated......
If there were a few males of one strain and a few females of another strain , then they could cross pollinate , but that's not really a concern , just identify your males early and kill them ....
That’s pretty much what I meant just used wrong terminology There was a ton of plants back there and even the ones I thought where female had a TON of seeds I let them go till the end of grow season didn’t really pull but a few of the males before that

Top Bottom