Makin rosin with my new Dulytek V5 press

• Thread starter IamN2pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IamN2pot

First, you won't see this V5 model on the Dulytek website yet, so here is a sneek preview. (yes, I have permission for Dulytek to post this) 😉
Last Saturday my new Dulytec DHP7 V5 press arrived. THANK YOU for standing behind your product. I had a DHP7 V4 with issues and pictured it beside the new DHP7 V5 for comparison. After an initial hick-up with operating the new V5 press, I am very pleased with my initial results. (patients is a virtue)
Yesterday I broke out some older Finnish Frost buds I had and broke them up, did a 180 micron dry sift and did a 'cold', slow press of the hash through a 25 micron bag. The results, some absolutely delicious tasting waxy rosin! ...and the smell of the rosin, wonderful. The press was set for 145*F and the initial press was for 6 minutes. 2nd press was 10 minutes at 145* and very was little left in the pouch. By then the PID had beeped again and the platen temps had fully warmed and balanced.... 💡 👍
First tip: wait for the 2nd beep. At the first beep, the heating rods are at temp, but the platen have not finished heating and the PID will continue to rock back and forth until it balances out at the set temp. (I hope that made sense?) That's when it beeps the 2nd time and will take about 15 minutes to get there.
I also put it on my wattage meter. It pulls 693w during the initial heat-up.
Improvements made on the V5 from Dulytek.
The V5 has the following improvements:
1) Bottle jack is built with over-pressure protection, .......
2) Improve the support system under the bottom plate to ensure perfect alignment of two plates ......
4) Round edge of heating plates, ........
5) Remove the knob on the bottle jack ........

Here are some pictures. Hope you enjoy them.

Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press
Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press 2

Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press 3
Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press 4

Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press 5
Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press 6

Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press 7
Makin rosin with my new dulytek v5 press 8

Top Bottom