Making A Supply Of Skunk Seeds

• Thread starter LarryAfghani
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LarryAfghani

LarryAfghani

Hi guys.

Very simply, I want to make a supply of Skunk seeds to hoard away & grow out over time.

Notes:
  • This will be a 1-off breeding. I have no intentions to breed further with the resulting seeds.
  • I will not be doing any cloning or pollen collecting. All plants will be grown from seeds, flowered, & open pollinated.
  • There will be very little selection. Only inferior plants will be culled or possibly extra males.
I realize those limitations are not ideal for breeding, but it is what it is.

My plan is to cross 2 unrelated lines of Skunk #1: say Mr. Nice "Shit" X Seedsman or Sensi Skunk #1.

If I do this, should I allow only 1 male to pollinate the females?
Or, should I let all the males release their pollen?

Please do not suggest isolating branches to pollinate. I will not be doing any pollen collection. I won't have any sinsemilia growing at the same time so no worries about accidental pollination.

Finally. I do not require the "roadkill" smell - sweet skunk is just as tasty to me as the very skunky stuff.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Hi guys.

Very simply, I want to make a supply of Skunk seeds to hoard away & grow out over time.

Notes:
  • This will be a 1-off breeding. I have no intentions to breed further with the resulting seeds.
  • I will not be doing any cloning or pollen collecting. All plants will be grown from seeds, flowered, & open pollinated.
  • There will be very little selection. Only inferior plants will be culled or possibly extra males.
I realize those limitations are not ideal for breeding, but it is what it is.

My plan is to cross 2 unrelated lines of Skunk #1: say Mr. Nice "Shit" X Seedsman or Sensi Skunk #1.

If I do this, should I allow only 1 male to pollinate the females?
Or, should I let all the males release their pollen?

Please do not suggest isolating branches to pollinate. I will not be doing any pollen collection. I won't have any sinsemilia growing at the same time so no worries about accidental pollination.

Finally. I do not require the "roadkill" smell - sweet skunk is just as tasty to me as the very skunky stuff.
Mr nice seeds are shit?

xavier7995

xavier7995

If you are just wanting to expand your seed supply i would leave in as many males as possible, preserve genetic diversity and all that jazz. Sounds like you are on the right track with booting anything obviously inferior and keeping the rest.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You’re gonna have a fuck load of seeds bro. It’s cool. But as an example I pollenated one branch off a strain and got over 170 seeds from just a few buds. Of course you’re free to do as you wish, just wasn’t sure you knew what you’re in for as far as number of seeds you’ll get. Had I done the whole plant I would have at least 2000 seeds on just one plant.

LarryAfghani

LarryAfghani

Mr nice seeds are shit?

"Shit" is the name of Shanti's Skunk #1 product.
https://mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=33

I've grown it out before. Smells like pumpkins & spice early in flower, then turns like diarrhea. By harvest, she's a sweet & skunky.

I want to cross it with a pure IBL line of Skunk #1, I've smoked Seedman's which he worked from Sam's stock.

I will probably use those 2 Skunks, female shits because it's probably the better yielder + male Skunk #1 IBL.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

"Shit" is the name of Shanti's Skunk #1 product. I've grown it out before. Smells like pumpkins & spice early in flower, then turns like diarrhea. By harvest, she's a sweet & skunky.

I want to cross it with a pure IBL line of Skunk #1, I've smoked Seedman's which he worked from Sam's stock.

I will probably use those 2 Skunks, female shits because it's probably the better yielder + male Skunk #1 IBL.
So no mr nice seeds?

LarryAfghani

LarryAfghani

You’re gonna have a fuck load of seeds bro.

tenor.gif

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

18 reg seeds for 35$ on seedsman.c is one he'll of a deal.

LarryAfghani

LarryAfghani

18 reg seeds for 35$ on seedsman.c is one he'll of a deal.

Yeah & he has a clean IBL of Skunk #1, from most accounts. His stock originally came from Sam The Skunkman, while Shanti/Mr Nice's Skunk #1 is from Nevil Schoenmacher's stock.

Crossing these 2 separate lines of Skunk #1 should provide phenos with the full range of Skunk terpines and smells - ranging from earthy, sweet, skunky, lemon. and the occasional "roadkill" too.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Yeah & he has a clean IBL of Skunk #1, from most accounts. His stock originally came from Sam The Skunkman, while Shanti/Mr Nice's Skunk #1 is from Nevil Schoenmacher's stock.

Crossing these 2 separate lines of Skunk #1 should provide phenos with the full range of Skunk terpines and smells - ranging from earthy, sweet, skunky, lemon. and the occasional "roadkill" too.
You seem well versed in the culture. Yet, you only joined yesterday? Where ya been?

xavier7995

xavier7995

You could always play johnny potseed and just toss seeds out on public lands away from the beaten path. Come back in a few years and see how they fair.

LarryAfghani

LarryAfghani

You could always play johnny potseed and just toss seeds out on public lands away from the beaten path. Come back in a few years and see how they fair.

This will be done indoors, in a cabin or tent. I can grow a lot of seeds with a few females indoors.

In a greenhouse or outdoors, I would kill the males & grow only sinse! :smoking:

xavier7995

xavier7995

Oh i was talking about what to do with a plethora of seeds if you wind up with thousands. I still have a few zips that need to be deseeded but will probably never get around to it as i already pulled a full sandwich bag worth out. One can be a bit wasteful when you have a bunch but are not in the seed sale biz.

Letting the buds sit out and dry to a crisp, then crushing in your hands and tossing the pile into one end of a box and tilting while gently shaking is a good way to get the bulk of them out.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Obviously you won't get too high of a yield of anything except seeds, which is fine. It will take a generation or two of growing to see what came out of your seed run...sometimes you hit a homerun, especially if you have a variety of males. You can also expect to hit a few foul balls as well...nothing you don't know already.. It is getting more difficult to get a stable genetic line from them if you are using non uniform seeds as a start seed. By non uniform, I mean any newer strain, since there is usually a lot of difference in the offspring of newer strains that didn't exist 20 years ago. Feminized seeds and clones come at a cost, which is the lack of genetic variability. In my opinion, variety is the spice of life. Seed breeding is cool as hell, but it's getting hard to find any of the original strains that haven't been crossed or modified in some way. Keep up the great work!!

Top Bottom