Making buds bigger in last few weeks

• Thread starter jebemtimojozemlo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

This is my 3rd ish grow and its about 1-2 weeks from harvest and I was wondering if I could do anything to make buds a bit bigger. As I said Im not a very good grower and Im going to be happy with 30+ grams. But you know the more the better. Thanks for any help!

Making buds bigger in last few weeks
Moshmen

Moshmen

This is my 3rd ish grow and its about 1-2 weeks from harvest and I was wondering if I could do anything to make buds a bit bigger. As I said Im not a very good grower and Im going to be happy with 30+ grams. But you know the more the better. Thanks for any help!
Looks like 3-4 weeks at least to me and prolly work on keeping the plant healthy - burnt tips, calcium spots watering etc is what will increase yield not what you do the last couple weeks - that’s for the masters in my humble opinion

Moshmen

Moshmen

More info - medium, nutes? Ph in ? Run off ppm ph? Auto? Photo ?

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

Looks like 3-4 weeks at least to me and prolly work on keeping the plant healthy - burnt tips, calcium spots watering etc is what will increase yield not what you do the last couple weeks - that’s for the masters in my humble opinion
yes I realise that but I cant really do stuff I should have done in the past now. If I can please let me know what and how.

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

More info - medium, nutes? Ph in ? Run off ppm ph? Auto? Photo ?
medium-soil(dirt?)
nutriens- are advanced nutriens perfect pH grow and bloom mixed 1 part grow 3 bloom
it is photoperiod i wouldnt know about ppm

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

Get some black strapped molasses, or organic unsulphered molasses. Mix 1tbsp in the gallon of water. Feeds the microorganisms in soil if you are using that as medium.
will do, thanks!

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

Get some black strapped molasses, or organic unsulphered molasses. Mix 1tbsp in the gallon of water. Feeds the microorganisms in soil if you are using that as medium.
btw could you explain what that does so I know what to ask the guy at the growshop for since I am not from an English speaking country? I would really appreciate it🙏

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Blackstrap molasses can be had at any grocery store. I would be surprised if they had it at a grow shop. It's mostly used in baking.

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

Blackstrap molasses can be had at any grocery store. I would be surprised if they had it at a grow shop. It's mostly used in baking.
oh? 😅 as i said i am a new grower... will look into it

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Better lights. And phosphate.
Depends on the height of the plant and how you train it and the genetic as well.

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

Better lights. And phosphate.
Depends on the height of the plant and how you train it and the genetic as well.
i have a 600w hps light, p level is pretty high in fertilisers i use but plants dont look like they will yield nearly as much as advertised (i am aware that seed banks display yields in m2 but it still looks like if i had m2 of them it would be 1/2 as much as it says (btw its Gorilla Glue from Bulk Seed Bank if thats a factor in any way))

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

It is my understanding that Black strap molasses is unrefined sugar. In the brown form.
I am not from a english speaking country either

fishbuds

fishbuds

It is my understanding that Black strap molasses is unrefined sugar. In the brown form.
I am not from a english speaking country either
Yes, and it is an old school, perhaps outdated practice to pour molasses directly into your pot, or bed. Some would say you would be better off making an airated tea with that molasses and some ewc or compost.

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

Yes, and it is an old school, perhaps outdated practice to pour molasses directly into your pot, or bed. Some would say you would be better off making an airated tea with that molasses and some ewc or compost.
Im guessing it raises PK levels? found some in my local growshop and just wanna make sure i buy the correct stuff

fishbuds

fishbuds

Oh, and to your question. Don't 'try' to make your buds bigger. Just keep them happy, maintain proper environmental conditions, and do not chop too early, let them run to fatten up.

fishbuds

fishbuds

Im guessing it raises PK levels? found some in my local growshop and just wanna make sure i buy the correct stuff
Backstrap unsulphered molasses, it will say it right on the bottle. Baking aisle in the grocery store. Definitely buy a bottle. The molasses will not affect virtually any levels of nutrients. it is there to feed the microbial herd, and that is why it works best in a tea, especially for small pots. Giant beds or pots will have plenty of life to deal with direct molasses applications, but in mho, don't pour it directly into smallish pots. Make a tea, and pour away, your plants will thank you.

jebemtimojozemlo

jebemtimojozemlo

Backstrap unsulphered molasses, it will say it right on the bottle. Baking aisle in the grocery store. Definitely buy a bottle. The molasses will not affect virtually any levels of nutrients. it is there to feed the microbial herd, and that is why it works best in a tea, especially for small pots. Giant beds or pots will have plenty of life to deal with direct molasses applications, but in mho, don't pour it directly into smallish pots. Make a tea, and pour away, your plants will thank you.
again not from an english speaking country so im not sure what they would put on the bottle and what its even called thats why i am browsing through the growshop

fishbuds

fishbuds

That's cool. whatever country you are in, there are ladies and gentlemen making baked goods. Best of luck with finishing your plants!

Pileit

Pileit

Some important considerations have been posted already. I have found like has been said, dont chop plants too early. Leaving them the last couple weeks is amazing. Some runs that i thought were going to be marginal were spectacular when pulled at correct time. Too much nutrients always gives me low yield. Grow room environmental conditions are super important. We have to make adjustments alot. A liuttle too much bloom booster is way worse than no bloom booster. Its a bastard sometimes,lol.

Top Bottom