Making Canna Oils for topicals...help!

• Thread starter Kinglouie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kinglouie

Kinglouie

Hey friends! I’m looking to make a nice batch of a CBD oil for some soaps and moisturizers at home. I’ve made butters and oils for baked goods, but I don’t think it’s entirely the same thing. I want to make a strong oil for pain relief. Can ya’ll guide me and give some recommendations for the best process and strains for this Sort of thing? Thank you tons!

LuckySeedCo

LuckySeedCo

For me, I decarb the bud same as I would for edibles. some like to use coconut oil but I use almond oil because it seems to absorb into the skin better

amekins

amekins

I make a salve with infused coconut oil, olive oil, bees wax and menthol crystals. I will also infuse the olive oil with scotch bonnet peppers or habaneros (a hot pepper with plenty of capsaicin) and fresh ginger for inflammation. It smells awful but it’s good stuff. Basic proportions below.
63% olive oil
17% beeswax
20% infused coconut oil
1-5% of total oils/wax in fragrance or essential oils (see skin safe usage rates for oil)
Up to 13% menthol crystals

Mix oils (except fragrance or essential oils) and bees wax in heat safe vessel and heat in water bath until melted. Remove from water bath and stir in menthol crystals and fragrance/essential oils. Stir well and pour into container for storage. Use topically for achy/painful muscles and joints.

Latest posts

Top Bottom