Making feminized seeds by accident

• Thread starter GanjaFarmer24
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Sorry, no problems to report right now. Only concern is the stretch, 400 hps is basically touching the top of the tent.

SativaKid

SativaKid

Hi everybody, I couldn't think of a more knowledgeable group to ask.

Over this last summer I grew out 2 photos in my tent, a Tigers Milk and an I-95. Both were female.
Grow went great until week 4-5 of flower and they both got N and P deficiencies. I nursed them to week 8 and harvested. All good right?
Last month i'm breaking up some of the tigers milk for a joint and 2 mature seeds popped out.
I'm guessing the late flower stress caused a herm pollen sack to develop somewhere unseen.

My question is,
Would these seeds be feminized? There wasn't a male anywhere near my tent all grow.
If even one hermie let loose you would have more than 2 seeds. The pollen came in with you I'll bet. And hermie pollen makes feminized seeds.

SativaKid

SativaKid

It's trudeu.
Plants can be genetically predisposed to hermaphrodite traits. And some more than others. If it hermied full nutsacs in early flower I wouldn't run those beans again.
if it was stress induced I wouldn't worry too much and try them if you really like the smoke. A ton of strains herm if stressed. Good strains too. Infact some of the most legendary cuts were found in bagseed, and more often than not from a stressed plant predisposed to herming under stress.

You'll know if you find a lot of seeds or just a couple. Lots of seeds would be a true herm. Just a few found in a pound... I'd run those for sure.
It's Trudeau! That's hilarious. I would think any hermie would cause more than 2 seeds. The pollen came from outside? There's my Columbo for the day

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Imagejpeg 040
Resized Resized 20220129 170625

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Mine still chugging along too. Hopefully I'll get more seeds from her
IMG 20220210 200332950

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

How u make one plant to gve seeds ? Ill put her 12-12 untill she give seeds or ?. Thx

Its basically self-pollination that some plants will do to make sure there is some offspring even if there was no male nearby. There are chemicals you can spray on a single lower branch in flower and make pollen sacks come out on purpose. With mine it happened to be accidental. Its not a real bad thing genetically if it only happens once in a while. Some breeders will use the technique to isolate favorite flavors from certain strains.

Weedolae

Weedolae

Its basically self-pollination that some plants will do to make sure there is some offspring even if there was no male nearby. There are chemicals you can spray on a single lower branch in flower and make pollen sacks come out on purpose. With mine it happened to be accidental. Its not a real bad thing genetically if it only happens once in a while. Some breeders will use the technique to isolate favorite flavors from certain strains.
How to izolate them. Showe a example step by step plzz. Thx alot

Zpotato

Zpotato

Its
Learning all the terminology is fun, so I guess I breeded some S1 from these two "parents".
View attachment 1208617

I think Its only S1 if the plant pollinates itself so unless you know which plant the pollen came from... If they both did its pretty much impossible to know which seeds are S1 and which are F1 unless you grow them

Latest posts

Top Bottom