Making Kelp Extract?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Anyone have info on how to process fresh kelp into plant food?

M

mrbong73

Here's a good article as well.
If you are in Southern California or near a populated area the kelp probably has sufficient levels of pollution to avoid it. Most of the commercial kelp products are harvested in the North Atlantic Ocean off Nova Scotia and Norway where the water is very cold and has less pollution.
FYI

mrb

G

Greenmantis

Here's a good article as well.
If you are in Southern California or near a populated area the kelp probably has sufficient levels of pollution to avoid it. Most of the commercial kelp products are harvested in the North Atlantic Ocean off Nova Scotia and Norway where the water is very cold and has less pollution.
FYI

mrb

Well that sucks, I was thinking about harvesting some kelp from the kelp beds of Point Loma. But now that you mentioned about the pollution, I might not, sigh...

J

jokalyx

Algae cleaners of our oceans?

So if I got it Kelp is stocking those pollution in its tissues and if we use it our ladies (=plants) will have some traces of polluting elements in them? Am I right? Sorry for asking something which may be obvious for some. I just need to improve my english.

Thanks

bloads

bloads

Well that sucks, I was thinking about harvesting some kelp from the kelp beds of Point Loma. But now that you mentioned about the pollution, I might not, sigh...

Heh, yeah I'm in PB and was going to head either up to la jolla or down to point loma for it

G

Greenmantis

Thanks for the research mrbong73.
Bloads, we need to get together sometimes in the near future since you are a neighbor...
Unfortunately, I am unable to send pms currently so I'll have to leave it up to you...
I think I will experiment with a small batch on my farm first and compare it to the others as soon as I get a chance to get my hands on some slippery kelp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom