Making s2 fems

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

globe_toker

Growing some kosher kush right now. Found two really nice females out of 40. I'd like to isolate them and hit one of them with CS and then pollinate the other.

Wondering what your thoughts on this. I understand I'm not 'boot camping' them to weed out any herms or inferior phenotypes. This is more of a hobbyist seed stock thing. I'm a assuming the ones reserva has are s1 stock but I'm not 100%.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

i could be way off base here but i think i'd rather pollinate a clone sister rather than the actual sister, this way the gene pool is limited to just the one female, essentially you would be 'selfing' her,

i think the way you describe would invite some variation which might be a good thing but i think probably not.

peace, bozo

G

globe_toker

So far the strain seems somewhat homogenous. The two plants that would be chosen are almost identical. My logic is: spray the shit out of 1 plant so it will produce copious amounts of pollen. Then just let them bang in an isolated room for 10-12weeks. This strain is 9-10 weeks apparently.

zeke

zeke

I don't think s2 is the most accurate way to describe what you are doing. If you just took one of your kosherkushs and fem it, then you would need a clone of it to pollenate. The self part. If you do as you say and take two different kosher kush sisters and fem one and pollinate the other I believe you would just have an f2 kosher kush. Albeit an f2 with a rather unconventionally produced parental(femed sibling).
Hmmm ?

G

globe_toker

That's a good point. Thanks for correcting me. I'm a bit rusty.

To my understanding the way I described has a low chance of hermaphrodites from what I can remember. Maybe if someone has any experience with this way, feel free to chime in.

M

mars

I used some STS to reverse a Ghost Og from Dr. Greenthumb then used pollen from that to pollenate another Ghost Og. They turned out female without going hermy.
I did the same with his ECSD. To be clear I popped a seed of each, veged for 2 months, took clones from each then reversed & pollenated.

G

globe_toker

That's interesting, mars. Great input. How often did you spray? And how much pollen was produced?

M

mars

I only sprayed once really good. I only took enough to seed a small area on a branch. However the whole plant was growing balls just like a natural male plant.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Your gonna win with this bro. S1 kosher and feminine f2s. Yep win.

Good luck
peace

Top Bottom