Making seeds question

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

If I grow a male 2 Scoops plant and a female Cherry Wine(cbd flower) plant in the same tent, would I get a cross of both genetics in the seeds?

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Awsome! 2 Scoops is a cross of orange sherbet and grape sherbet, and cherry wine is a cbd growing plant so hopefully I can get seeds that would produce amazing smelling bud and have a good balance of both main chemicals in all cannabis XD

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Breeding cannabis is more addictive than growing it. When you pollinate a female, you will get a broad spectrum of phenotypic representations. Some phenotypes will favor the mother, others the father and others will be a mix of the two parents. If you start with polyhybrids instead of true breeding F1 parents, you will see even more variation in the offspring. The only thing about breeding cannabis that I love more than selecting stable mothers and fathers to work, is hunting through different phenotypes of my own creations. Plant genetics are fascinating and a lot of fun! Good luck with your project! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

rayi

rayi

If you pollinate a whole plant you will have a crap load of seeds. Look up how to collect pollen and hand pollinate 1 or 2 buds. I pull the male and grow it out as far as I can get from the grow room. When the pollen starts to drop I put a small paper sack over the male parts. After I have showered and changed clothes I unzip the tent and pull a female close enough to get 3 to 4 buds out of the door. I zip both zippers closed and put a wet towel around the zipper hole. I then take the paper bags and using a small paint brush remove some of the pollen. I just tap the brush over the bud. I put a piece of yarn on to remind me which buds are pollinated. Next day spray the buds with fine mist of water and return the female to it's normal place in the tent. At harvest time I dry the buds in a paper bag. When dry remove the seeds make sure to store them correctly. I use the seeded buds for butter oil or tincture

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Breeding cannabis is more addictive than growing it. When you pollinate a female, you will get a broad spectrum of phenotypic representations. Some phenotypes will favor the mother, others the father and others will be a mix of the two parents. If you start with polyhybrids instead of true breeding F1 parents, you will see even more variation in the offspring. The only thing about breeding cannabis that I love more than selecting stable mothers and fathers to work, is hunting through different phenotypes of my own creations. Plant genetics are fascinating and a lot of fun! Good luck with your project! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
I did some research on the subject after posting this and before knowing what a phenotype was lol. But I'd just like to remark at how definitive and well put your reply was @stanknugzz77.

Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

If you pollinate a whole plant you will have a crap load of seeds. Look up how to collect pollen and hand pollinate 1 or 2 buds. I pull the male and grow it out as far as I can get from the grow room. When the pollen starts to drop I put a small paper sack over the male parts. After I have showered and changed clothes I unzip the tent and pull a female close enough to get 3 to 4 buds out of the door. I zip both zippers closed and put a wet towel around the zipper hole. I then take the paper bags and using a small paint brush remove some of the pollen. I just tap the brush over the bud. I put a piece of yarn on to remind me which buds are pollinated. Next day spray the buds with fine mist of water and return the female to it's normal place in the tent. At harvest time I dry the buds in a paper bag. When dry remove the seeds make sure to store them correctly. I use the seeded buds for butter oil or tincture
I would seperate the plants only to pollinate a couple of branches but I don't have the extra resources. F***, I shouldn't have sold my other 300w red led.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I did some research on the subject after posting this and before knowing what a phenotype was lol. But I'd just like to remark at how definitive and well put your reply was @stanknugzz77.
I truly appreciate your kind words friend! I have been growing and breeding for a long fucking time haha. I was lucky enough to be raised around people that grew plants. I started utilizing cannabis at a very young age and back then, it usually had seeds in it. It is literally just human nature to sow seeds from plants that you benefit from. I am also lucky enough to still be open to learning something new every day. It always makes me happy/excited when I see someone else begin their journey with growing and breeding cannabis. I try to be as informed as possible on subjects that I am truly passionate about, but never take anything that anyone says at face value. Nothing is above your own research and trial and error. In the world of cannabis, just as with most subjects, misinformation easily spreads like wildfire. Again, I truly wish you well on your journey! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I'm not sure you need another light. I have put males in a south facing window and they mature.
Good to know then. Hopefully I can scrog the female alone while collecting polen from the male out-of-tent

BigCube

BigCube

To find something close to the balance you want, and to have it consistent, would take you years of breeding.

Hundreds of seeds will need to be planted and parsed through, years of selective breeding, and re seeding.

In the end, you rarely get exactly what you were going for and have to end up making compromises and settling on something somewhat close to what you wanted.

Good luck! It is fun for sure, and you get a lot of nice surprises. Just dont expect to have a stable strain any time soon 🤣

Ineedcbsi

Ineedcbsi

No. The 2 Scoops was found in dispensary weed (though the plant could've been feminized) and the wild cherrys' were found in very seedy cbd herb from the smoke shop.
Hi there, if you hit it with a Male from a regular seed. You've got a good chance of getting good seeds. However you will be on a pheno hunt for some top notch genetics. It really will be a mix of some of this and some of that. Find a good female then hit it with some pollen (save some) from the original Male. Then do it again with the kids. Hitting the one you like with the orig male. That should stabilize the seeds. But to be blunt your going on a fun hunt over several grows. Look up punnett square and you'll get the probability of what you'll get. Happy growing/breeding

Latest posts

Top Bottom