Making Sugar Consistency

• Thread starter Mr SG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr SG

I run n propane on a ets cls machine. I have been trying to make the sugar consistency but the fats and lips see to be getting in the way I think. I have a 50um metal screen filter. I do not freeze my material or column. after I do an extraction then leave the muffin out over night. then in the morning I put it in the vac oven at 120 F to melt it down with no vac. sometime have to take it out and use a heat lamp to heat the top to get it into a liquid. then I pull a full vac on the oven at 100 F and let in still six to eight. it comes out at wet sugar in most of the slab but then the fats dry out and get a bad color. I have only been making budders and honeycomb with propane this far. I know you can make sugar and shatter with propane too any help?

I hear freezing your material and column helps. how cold?
I also have a 10um metal screen filter I was going to r and d with this week.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

As cold as you can get it, it will reduce pressure inside the column along with making the undesirables less mobile. Use quantative lab filters with a smller poor size too, it can get more undesirables out.

Another pro-tip: don't force the end finish, let the extract be what it wants to be (i.e. shatter, sugar, pull n snap), just focus on preserving flavour and keeping it as clean as you can and the rest will come on it's own. Forcing an extraction to become sugar will almost alwys lead to bigger problems (loss of terps, over purging, loss of yield)

Not to be a dick, but you have LOTS of reading to do still and run that machine to it's full potential if you are asking a question like this. Internal column pressure and temprature are two crucial factors in SAFELY running a CLS and if you don't have a firm grasp of the concsepts at it's core, it's spooky. Stay safe.

M

Mr SG

As cold as you can get it, it will reduce pressure inside the column along with making the undesirables less mobile. Use quantative lab filters with a smller poor size too, it can get more undesirables out.

Another pro-tip: don't force the end finish, let the extract be what it wants to be (i.e. shatter, sugar, pull n snap), just focus on preserving flavour and keeping it as clean as you can and the rest will come on it's own. Forcing an extraction to become sugar will almost alwys lead to bigger problems (loss of terps, over purging, loss of yield)

Not to be a dick, but you have LOTS of reading to do still and run that machine to it's full potential if you are asking a question like this. Internal column pressure and temprature are two crucial factors in SAFELY running a CLS and if you don't have a firm grasp of the concsepts at it's core, it's spooky. Stay safe.

Thanks for your concern.

But operating the CLS safety and the theory or science on what is going to inside are two different topics.

I have been doing it for many years with no issues. I know how to run the machine safety I have take training class by ETS on how to operate and in a state approved facility.

I am more asking the best way to remove fats from n propane extractions. BC cold temperatures mess up n propane extractions ie dewaxing. Use inline dewaxing or just freeze column and material and smaller filter will be good enough.

Could not agree more with the let it be what the extract wants to be. But that is also why I don't do anything fancy with my CLS. Good material run will npropane then heat and whip into budder no vac oven. Then let it cure for two days does not get better than that.

Thanks for the help

Top Bottom