Making TEA with GH Floralicious Plus instead of Molasses?

• Thread starter redwhiteblue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

RDWC/UC with GH 3-part nutrients

I usually use cane sugar at 1 tblsp/4 gallons h20 when making my EWC tea to give to my rdwc/UC plants during veg.

I'm looking to increase my root growth performance by making a few different teas using the CAPS packs beneficials. The instructions say to use molasses, which I plan to follow.

However, I had a look through the nutrients I have laying around, and was wondering:

Can I use GH Floralicious Plus instead of unsulphured molasses to brew tea? The Floralicious Plus has humic acid and I believe soy based sugar?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

You can but its going to cost a bit more.
Personally I use carboload with all waterings (cause its clean) and use molasses in my teas

Fuzzdog

Fuzzdog

You might want to check out the GH web site, look for their recommended recipe for "Compost/Humus tea" using GH "Ancient Forest" compost, and GH Floralicious Plus...
I’ve run it more than a few 50 gallon batches.... with good results….I now run variations of that recipe, of my own formulations, based on stages of growth.

GH also offers two other GH Floralicious products, GH Floralicious Grow, and GH Floralicious Bloom. These do not have GH’s “Plus” labeling…. which I take to indicate a more concentrated product.

I found that by using one of these, instead of the “Plus” product, allowed me to deliver a more specific “Tea” to the need of my plants at the various stages of their development.

The recipe is also printed on the back the GH “Ancient Forest” Compost Bag,
it’s a very simple recipe ::

5 Gallon Batch
1.25 lbs, (5 cups) of GH Ancient Forest compost
3 fl oz (300ml) GH Floralicious Plus
add to 5 gal water….
Aerate with pump and air stone for 36 to 48 hours

50 Gallon Batch
7 lbs, (28 cups) of GH Ancient Forest compost
1 Quart (500ml) of GH Floralicious Plus
add to 50 gal water….

Just thought this might help you with your question….. they do not use any molasses in their recipe……

Fuzzdog

Fuzzdog

Just one more note....

As i mentioned GH Floralicious Grow, and GH Floralicious Bloom, products are not designated as "Plus" , as in GH Floralicious Plus. So when using GH Floralicious Grow, and GH Floralicious Bloom i increase the dosage some...... I use approximtly 450ml or 4 fl oz.. for 5 gallons, and 1 1/2 quart or 750ml for 50 gallons... just thought id mention this increase.

Until again.....

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

A brand is just a name, microbes like blackstrap molasses, which is a by product of molasses which is a byproduct of cane sugar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_refinery#Byproducts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molasses
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstrap_molasses

Your microbes are not getting the food you think they are. The idea behind carbs is to raise the Brix. Plants do not use the sugar directly the microbes do.
If you want to test carb products do this;
1. mix carb product with water to its recommended ratio, each brand in its own respective beaker/jar.
2. mix an exact amount of your tea product (measure with digital scale) in each jar.
3. Aerate each with pump or shake frequently.
4.Check density of microbial life under microscope every 12 hours for 2-5 days.
The results will be obvious you wont even have to count. Plain blackstrap molasses will enhance microbial activity better than the other carb products
many brands make it look at health food store, feed store or rasta bobs blackstrap molasses
http://cropandgarden.com/282-blackstrap-molasses
if you want to incorporate humic acid without the expensive bundled product check out rasta bobs humic acid.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
rwb, I too use floralicious plus, at 1 mL per gallon in a rez. That's just a standard solution, not a tea. I find it adds fragrance and flavor to the final product.

As for making a tea, I just started using it along with caps bennies at 1mL per gallon, but still use molasses to feed the bennies. I'm not sure on the ratio to use in a tea, so I'm playing it safe using 1mL/g. To use the amounts recommended on the back of the GH compost bag would be very counter productive money wise.

Every rep I've spoke to insists that a little goes a long way with floralicious plus.

edit- here's a video on the gh blog

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

You might want to check out the GH web site, look for their recommended recipe for "Compost/Humus tea" using GH "Ancient Forest" compost, and GH Floralicious Plus...
I’ve run it more than a few 50 gallon batches.... with good results….I now run variations of that recipe, of my own formulations, based on stages of growth.

GH also offers two other GH Floralicious products, GH Floralicious Grow, and GH Floralicious Bloom. These do not have GH’s “Plus” labeling…. which I take to indicate a more concentrated product.

I found that by using one of these, instead of the “Plus” product, allowed me to deliver a more specific “Tea” to the need of my plants at the various stages of their development.

The recipe is also printed on the back the GH “Ancient Forest” Compost Bag,
it’s a very simple recipe ::

5 Gallon Batch
1.25 lbs, (5 cups) of GH Ancient Forest compost
3 fl oz (300ml) GH Floralicious Plus
add to 5 gal water….

50 Gallon Batch
7 lbs, (28 cups) of GH Ancient Forest compost
1 Quart (500ml) of GH Floralicious Plus
add to 50 gal water….

Just thought this might help you with your question….. they do not use any molasses in their recipe……

nooo (kevin hart voice). dont add 300 ml to 5 gallons. I would never even go over 5ml in any application foliar or root application..

symbiote420

symbiote420

I sent several emails to GH asking about that 300ml per .....how does something so concentrated that is to be used at 1ml a gallon gets amped up to 300ml???? Plus that's alot of Ancient Forest recommended, I never used 5 cups of ewc or compost with a 5 gal. bucket in my life, more like 2 to 3 max!

Been waiting for a response to my emails for well over a year now!! No response, so none of my hard earned will be spent on any GH products .....plenty of other killer products on the market that do the same or better!

C

cctt

3 fl oz is not 300 mL. It's closer to 90. Someone got confused doing the math.

C

Chance Last

Use the Floralicious as a Foliar weeks 1-3 and stop foliar completely after week 4
About to add this Floralicious also into my 3 part Gh..From my understanding its fine usingit with the kool bloom also. Did not know about only using weeks 1-3 though. Is that just opinion or experience from using longer? Appreciate anybody info. Also whats best to do with this floralicious? In res with nutes or foliar? Thanks

Top Bottom