Making the move.

• Thread starter llamabox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
llamabox

llamabox

Hey guys,
Well looks like we will finally be making the move out to Colorado. Probably Co. Springs but it's still a couple months away so that may change. With a wife and 3 kids it takes more than a few grand to move cross country.

I've been off the forum scene for a while now. I had a grow busted a few years ago and once all that was settled I moved an hour away to distance myself from the small town cops who knew of me by then. But even though I'm not growing anything, being a med user in a non-med state just poses more problems. And considering that is the only thing we do we could get in trouble for we thought it best to move. I can at least get my med card, but I cannot apply for a MMED work badge with a felony on my record. Even though my felony got knocked down to possession over an ounce, which is a misdemeanor in Colorado.

I was talking with Foe20 and he said I could do consulting or contract work as long as I don't touch the product. So I'm hoping I can start a small company doing genetics consulting. Teaching growers, dispensary owners and employees. As well has helping with procuring genetics and developing in house strains. I'm sure I can do some ads on Craigslist to do consulting for patients and teach them how to set-up the grow room, the product flow, harvesting and such.

I have some pretty good connections with breeders and seed companies. Ben from Centennial Seeds, KeyPlay at Gage Green, Jeffman and Inkog at Irie Vibes Seeds, Rockster at Kaliman Seeds, Karma Genetics, Ace Seeds, Canna Biogen, as well as breeders such as Motarebel, Foe20, British Hempire, Hazeman, Mdanzig, Esben and others.

I was even tossing the idea around of starting a seed distributorship out in Colorado and market to the dispensaries themselves. I know Centennial is out there and they have a girl that does the rounds to shops like a pharmaceutical sales rep.

Anyways, lots of plans in the making so I thought it best to hop back onto the forums and try to rebuild my connections over the last decade. Any of you guys out in the area feel free to drop me a line. I'm so hyped I can't stop thinking about it but have no one around here who really cares.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

For such a big state, I tend to avoid Teller/El Paso counties. Besides shitty people in gov't, just not the vibe I like. But if you want your kids to have every opportunity there is in Colorado to smoke Meth, than the Springs it is.

sky high

sky high

Don't base your move on anything more than you will have a right to medicate and grow 3/3.

Yer 3 years too late for "med". "Med" and the Med "industry" will be history as we know it if 64 passes. Furthermore, I think folks are dreaming to EVER think the Gov't will allow retail sales to the public to become a reality via 64....and with everyone growing retail sales will not be needed anyway. I know for a fact that none of MY non-growing friends will be buying from a retail outlet.... ;-)

good luck with the move...and do it quick, cus every stoner and his sister will be moving here in November if this passes.

s h

K

kolah

Good luck in your travels and welcome. I too do not care for Co Springs due to pig issues. They have cars pulled over 24/7 from Platte up 24 into Ute Pass and they come out like gangbusters at night. You may want to consider living in a a more rural town (and still close to a bigger city) which would be beneficial for your kids and especially for your ease to grow. Living up in hills has spoiled me, I can no longer handle the traffic, the oinkers and all the zombie folks caught up in Bread and Circus shows.. Around my parts you can easily rent a nice little cabin with a few acres for the same price as renting a tiny apartment in the big cities. Or buy a remote 25 acres for $75K and pop a travel trailer on it.

From what I've heard (and seen) Centennial Seeds does not have a good reputation here so far. Lots of hermies and below par strains. I hope they straighten things out as we need more breeders here. I just read an article where dispensary revenues are still climbing and so are tax collection revs (of course). But from a personal viewpoint less and less folks I know are choosing to avoid buying from dispensaries. I frequent a few places often to sample strains I may want to grow and I have seen a dramatic drop in quality. Not to mention the drop in customer service as well (snotty tweaking budtenders and bullshitters).
The competition and the market here is pretty saturated and almost everyone seems to be cutting corners to say alive. Many claim to be "growing organic" and then after talking to them soon find out it's bullshit.
Do some searching and good luck!

A

A20Grower

When name dropping you should leave out Centennial. Their shit is weak.
Also, 'that girl' isn't around there anymore, and neither is anyone else. Centennial Seeds dissolved itself early this year, if I remember correctly. I don't think you are as 'close' as you say you are, but I could be wrong and you just didn't get the memo.

I could be wrong but don't seeds to be sold have to be grown/produced on site at the MMC? Which makes a seed company a non-viable option? I could be wrong.

Good luck, and listen to Skyhigh.

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

Don't base your move on anything more than you will have a right to medicate and grow 3/3.

Yer 3 years too late for "med". "Med" and the Med "industry" will be history as we know it if 64 passes. Furthermore, I think folks are dreaming to EVER think the Gov't will allow retail sales to the public to become a reality via 64....and with everyone growing retail sales will not be needed anyway. I know for a fact that none of MY non-growing friends will be buying from a retail outlet.... ;-)

good luck with the move...and do it quick, cus every stoner and his sister will be moving here in November if this passes.

s h
Not sure if you're talking about Feds or local govts, but it seems pretty clear that retail sales to the public ARE part of 64.

"permitting a person twenty-one years of age or older to consume or possess limited amounts of marijuana; providing for the licensing of cultivation facilities, product manufacturing facilities, testing facilities, and retail stores"

Right now I know a lot of people who refuse to smoke weed from MMCs. But a lot of MMCs are still selling a lot of weed to the masses that don't give a shit. I'm not sure how 64 would change this. "Everyone" is growing right now and retail sales still seem to be "needed". Convenience is king these days.

I understand SH that you have this dream that things will return to the way they used to be, and I kinda wish they would too. But things have changed and still are changing. They (CO as a state) are doing what they can to eliminate the black market (in CO).

sky high

sky high

Right. the State is SOOOO concerned with the Black Market.

Like taking the # of MMED employees...employees NEEDED to run the program as voted upon when they passed 1284...from 40..to 12 while still issuing NEW licenses? Now THAT is concern.

It'll never be the way it was. It can be BETTER than it is now tho...but not as long as we give a cut to the GOVERNMENT freely and allow them to turn around and use that money to further regulate us. (or should I say "TRY" to regulate us)

Retial sale ARE a part of the amendment.....but they aren't the only part....they are just THE part that will be challenged. The FED can say "no...you can't grow in your home..." til they are BLUE IN THE FACE....but can they ENFORCE that if this passes?

Nope...they can't......for the SAME reasdon they haven't shut down the MMJ CIRCUS....and that is because they don't have the FUNDING to do so. Yet.

I have my card and an 18 count...as does my wife.... so I'm set no matter what. In fact, I'm 6X more set than I was a week ago. LOL.

but I voted FOR this...so we will see where it goes..... and adjust, as we always do, to match the outcome of the election.

good luck, all....

A

A20Grower

I'm most concerned that if 64 passes it will give LEO an open invitation to pass a DUHigh bill with an absurdly low ng/ml level. Just like alcohol now at .08 for DUI and .05 for DWAI, whatever level they deem 'under the influence' will be very, very difficult to fight in court. How many people does anyone know who got a not guilty verdict with a BAC at or above .08? Same thing with 5, 8 or 10 ng, it will be very difficult to challenge. Our lawyers will make many many dollars failing to get med users and adult rec users out of trouble.

Just my two cents.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm most concerned that if 64 passes it will give LEO an open invitation to pass a DUHigh bill with an absurdly low ng/ml level. Just like alcohol now at .08 for DUI and .05 for DWAI, whatever level they deem 'under the influence' will be very, very difficult to fight in court. How many people does anyone know who got a not guilty verdict with a BAC at or above .08? Same thing with 5, 8 or 10 ng, it will be very difficult to challenge. Our lawyers will make many many dollars failing to get med users and adult rec users out of trouble.

Just my two cents.

The thing is simple, dont smoke while your driving.
I dont think leo will test drivers unless theres cause like smoke billowing out of car window when pulled over.
Use a little common sense and you should be fine...

K

kolah

The problem is that THC lingers in the bloodstream for 24 hours and possibly up to 3 day or more. With hair analysis they can go back 3 months to a year and detect it.

Many years ago the DUI was called DWI. DWI meant driving while intoxicated. But too many cases got dismissed because the "victims" were proven NOT to be intoxicated. This was because the specific definition of "intoxicated" could not easily be proven in the courts (unless of course some person was stumbling and mumbling and clearly fucked up). Therefore to rig the tables, slick lawyers and law makers (one in the same) had to change it up and call it "under the influence" which is complete bullshit.

CO is pushing for the laws to be set at a zero tolerance level for MJ. And it will keep being brought up to vote until it passes (IMO of course) Therefore any amount of MJ at the nano level will be an easy DUI-M conviction much the same as alcohol charges.

I am mostly a midnight toker but anytime I am pulled over I will test positive for MJ according to their "rules." BTW, I believe they already have mandatory drug screens (bloodwork) that are initiated immediately after a work related injury or traffic accident.

AND all of those people in favor of Amend 64 please note that it is specifically written into the Amendment that 64 does not protect anyone from DUI-M. Now why was that put in there when currently DUI-M is not even into law?

AND even further, access information regarding CO Redcard status is easily obtained by the pigs. If you get pulled over they can easily find out if you have a redcard, have you tested and slam-dunk convicted. Much the same as CCW (concealed carry permit), when the pigs run your license plate or DL all that stuff pops up. Before they even pull you over and come to your car they already know all about you (prior convictions, DUI, redcard status, CCW, child molester, wife-beater, outstanding warrants, etc)

A

A20Grower

The thing is simple, dont smoke while your driving.
I dont think leo will test drivers unless theres cause like smoke billowing out of car window when pulled over.
Use a little common sense and you should be fine...
I'm just saying that unless people are smart when they are questioned by LEO they could screw themselves. If they think that admitting to 'taking just a hit' awhile back, they'll be arrested, at least in my area.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

The problem is that THC lingers in the bloodstream for 24 hours and possibly up to 3 day or more.
If you have a high metabolism, low fat and only smoked once.

It took me two months of low fat diet, excercise, and no smoking to clean up for a drug test. Or one week of the same plus the Strip one week cleanser. And those are usually a 15 ng cutoff.

The thing is, since it doesn't affect your motor skills the same as alcohol (if really at all, any former high school athletes out there?) there will be some discovery on the definition of impairment, won't be able to be as arbitrary as alcohol I would think. Specially if you hit the oil, what is there to smell? Now puffing on a doob cruising 85 down I-25, different story.

Know your limit, smoke within it.

ttystikk

ttystikk

By all means, make the move- I'll be among the first to welcome you to our fine state!

Colorado Springs would be last on my personal list of destinations, for all the reasons outlined above, and one more; there are just too many nicer places to live in Colorado than Right Wing Central.

Colorado has the most complete (completely screwed up?) laws regulating cannabis in the country, and likely the whole world. This will not get simpler, it will get more complex- but complexity offers opportunity.

Anyway, hit me up when you get out here- I like making new friends who know how to grow!

K

kolah

If you have a high metabolism, low fat and only smoked once.

It took me two months of low fat diet, excercise, and no smoking to clean up for a drug test. Or one week of the same plus the Strip one week cleanser. And those are usually a 15 ng cutoff.

The thing is, since it doesn't affect your motor skills the same as alcohol (if really at all, any former high school athletes out there?) there will be some discovery on the definition of impairment, won't be able to be as arbitrary as alcohol I would think. Specially if you hit the oil, what is there to smell? Now puffing on a doob cruising 85 down I-25, different story.

Know your limit, smoke within it.

Shit, I guess I am a lightweight as my motor skills get fucked up. I smoke mostly indica's and get toasted, wouldn't even think of driving or running machinery, etc.

llamabox

llamabox

Rental prices are the main reason we chose CoS. Right now we are paying $600 a month for a 3bdrm house. Prices out there are double that. I know places on the western slope are cheaper but we would like to be in an area large enough to offer some opportunity, not only for my wife and I but our 3 kids as well.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Rental prices are the main reason we chose CoS. Right now we are paying $600 a month for a 3bdrm house. Prices out there are double that. I know places on the western slope are cheaper but we would like to be in an area large enough to offer some opportunity, not only for my wife and I but our 3 kids as well.
The opportunities offered to them in the springs will be broken lightbulbs filled with a increasingly Mexican import.
Seriously, don't move to the springs, unless you are a right wing christian. But since you grow pot...

What kind of opportunities do you mean. Job, education? Yes, if you want 'city' opportunities move to the Front Range, ten more years until it's the new SoCal.

But if you want Colorado...Opportunities for outdoor adventure, small town living, know your neighbors, where you can even leave your doors unlocked. (I'm still adjusting to it).
I'll get you started.
Anywhere west of I-25,
I-70 corridor is getting packed, don't plan on saturday morning commutes to the ski area.

PM if you want specifics, but you should be able to wake up in the morning and be surrounded by mountains. Cities are replicable and one is like another for the most part. But if you do then Denver, and west suburbs.

Seriously rent gets cheap outside of the front range bubble.

But whatever you do, don't do the Springs. At the very least b/c they like snacks, and caregivers will always be snacks to them, just like to the NMDTF.

sky high

sky high

Raising my kids in the mountains/in a small town (tho a resort town) was the best thing I ever did. Cities suck. Nothing to do but get in trouble. Asphalt and Assholes...

Resort living isn't cheap, but you won't spend a single second in a traffic jam with the rest of the entire Front Range trying to get up here every weekend. Jobs are also fairly easy to snag, especially seasonal positions.

It all depends on if you are looking for an active lifestyle, or closer proximity to the Mall.

good luck in your decision

K

kolah

If I had to do it over again, I'd go deeper in the bush. (heheh..wait that didn't sound right)

There are some really remote places out here, total wilderness, no neighbors, no pigs, etc. Yet they are still close to a big city ( a short 1 to 1 1/2 hr drive is "short")

Take a walk on the wildside........... and the colored girl says. tu tu tu,,tu tu..tu tu tu tuu

Latest posts

Top Bottom