Making the switch from Ionic to House & Garden nutrients...

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

Ive been using simple one part Ionic nutrients Grow, Bloom & Boost but I feel my plants are missing out on some good quality nutrients so Im going to give House & Garden a try.
The base nutes are simply H&G Aqua flakes Grow (A+B) & Aqua flakes Bloom (A+B).
Though Im having difficulties in choosing a booster. Usually Id use Ionic Boost but the House & Garden range have more than one type, the options are:

SHOOTING POWDER
BUD XL
TOP SHOOTER (SHOOTING POWDER IN LIQUID FORM)
PK 13/14

I dont want to use more than one additive. If you had to stick with just one which would it be?

F

FastForward

Check theherbalizor's threads - he lists his nute regime there and is very H&G based. He definitely rates the stuff and produces amazing green with it.

Alternatively, I think doubleds also is an H&G man, as is TexasKid (or was last time I checked :))

FF

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi, thanks ff.

H&g is brilliant feed.

I would not recommend just one and reason being is whilst top shooter, shooting powder, pk 13/14 or top booster are all pk additives. The bud xl has a 0 nutrient npk feed value and really should be used as a matter of course.

So, there s your answer, bud xl.

But I highly recommend you use at least pk 13/14 but from my experience use Canadian express superior potash and budxl. Cx sup pot is 9/18 and an excellent product that work beautifully with the h&g range.

Btw, fwiw, I love top shooter / shooting powder.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Ive been using h&g for 3 years and its some damn good stuff. About to finish up a run with ionic with h&g additives and they are on par as far as quality. Cant go wrong either way. But ionics ph is much more stable from my experience.

B

BudCandy420

I am growing in soil. Started out with Aqua Flakes. Switched to soil. Now I am finally getting dialed in using their cocos mixture. The dilution rate is different so I use less. I was initially thinking I needed to use their new nitrogen boost, but since I switched to using the cocos. My plants have been much greener, healthier.
I also have been able to cut back on using cal/mag since switching.:animbong:

Latest posts

Top Bottom