Making the Switch to Coco Beds 1st timer

• Thread starter bigdrty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pugliese63

pugliese63

Hey guys Its been awhile since I last updated this thread. but I've come across some problems in my grow.
I have some mushrooms popping up in my coco, using 30% of recycled coco on top of new coco with 20% perlite. I am still running
H&G A&B Aquaflakes
drip clean
Multizen
root excel
Great White
Carbo Load
Sweet
Protek

After last cycle, I rinsed out the coco and transplanted the new Babies. after a day or so they all went sad face on me. just running T-5s
ppms around 200
Should I just Start over and use H202 to Clean out the COCo?

Thanks..

Before Transplant
View attachment 284051

After Transplant.
View attachment 284055

And the Mushrooms..

View attachment 284056

I made the switch to beds a while back and couldn't be happier. Like yourself I had been using rockwool previously but wanted to try beds. I tried various coco's and had okay results.

One thing I hate about coco as well as promix is the amount of dust they create indoors. Way too much extra work. I got rid of all of it and switched to bulk absorbent rockwool and hydroton. I mix one 3.5 cubic foot bale of rockwool to a bag of hydroton. No dust, drains fast and I reuse it repeatedly. It does need to be watered daily. You can also skip the hydorton if you want to water less frequently. I'm on the 6th run using the same mix.

After harvest, I water in with base nutrients and enzymes for two days, turn it and replant. If your used to running with rockwool give this a try. I've had truly outstanding results with little to no headache. To keep the algae down I spray the beds lightly with Physan 20 twice a week. It also keeps the fungus gnats at bay.

bigdrty

bigdrty

thanks guys, did a flood on both beds, and PPM's where in the 1,300 ppms on .5 scale
Way too Hot!, going to continue to flush with Tap water and H202 until I hit around 200 ppms, Then I will reapply 200ppm A&B base, CalMg and Benies and try it again..
Thanks for the Responses, I will update when these babies are in and Rocking.
Wish me Luck.
Thanks
Drty...

Top Bottom