Making your own calmag with athena core and magnesium nitrate.

• Thread starter Masonsdad15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Hey guys was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to use Athena core and some magnesium nitrate salts to make a calmag solution. Seems like it should work. Has anyone done this and if so what increments of each should I use.
1 part core to 1 part magnesium nitrate. Or maybe 2 to 1 ratio. I have calcium nitrate as well but Athena core has the iron in it already. Seems like it should work. Lmk what you think. Thanks.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

What I really think about Athena? Hyped Bs.

Just use plant prod hydroveg + calnit and you gonna have 3.8% mg all the needed micros and plenty of calcium for anything for a fraction of the cost.

Shouldn't even need any extra calmag.

Z

Zill

It’s hard to believe what these clowns charge for a simple salt/ water solution. MeinGott, make it yourself.

Z

Zill

Hey Artful,

I think you and I share the same disbeliefs with what these guys are charging for salt solutions. It sort of pisses me off. Then to further cloud the minds of growers they make it feel really special and worth the price by telling you it also contains Si, or vitamins. Such BS.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Hey Artful,

I think you and I share the same disbeliefs with what these guys are charging for salt solutions. It sort of pisses me off. Then to further cloud the minds of growers they make it feel really special and worth the price by telling you it also contains Si, or vitamins. Such BS.
Oh, I believe it. It's every marketer's dream...sell commodity fertilizer chemicals for luxury prices. Doesn't mean I have to buy them. 😁

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Thanks for the replys. Yeah they charge too much for salts but I already have it so rather let it go to waste. Check out the pic.
Core
14% nitrogen
17% calcium
0.1% iron

0.015 boron
0.01% copper
0.04% Maganese
0.01% molybdenum
0.013% Zinc

Or if I use calcium nitrate
15% nitrogen
19% calcium

So I am thinking the core would be better because it had that iron already in it.
20230828 084428

Magnesium nitrate
11% nitrogen
9.3% magnesium

Z

Zill

Mason,

Sorry, you might have mentioned already. How are you cultivating, Soil, hydroponics? I’m asking because it’s relay nice they add all those other metals but if your in soil or using well or town water you’re probably getting all those other micronutrients. You could hold up a section of a copper pipe and show it to the plant. That’s probably all the copper it needs. I exaggerate.

If you got it use it. Can’t hurt. Maybe a dent or two in the wallet.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Thanks for the replys. Yeah they charge too much for salts but I already have it so rather let it go to waste. Check out the pic.
Core
14% nitrogen
17% calcium
0.1% iron

0.015 boron
0.01% copper
0.04% Maganese
0.01% molybdenum
0.013% Zinc

Or if I use calcium nitrate
15% nitrogen
19% calcium

So I am thinking the core would be better because it had that iron already in it.View attachment 2030163

Magnesium nitrate
11% nitrogen
9.3% magnesium
your core already has all the needed Nitrogen and Calcium
don't use Magnesium Nitrate use Magnesium Sulfate instead.
and you gonna need the rest of the athena grow/bloom parts too.

when you run out of athena just search for plant prod hydroveg and cal nit.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Sterilized, pulverized egg shells and epsom salt

Latest posts

Top Bottom