• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Backstory (skip if you don't care):

I gave my friend some weed a while ago that was pretty old and smelled a bit like hay. I told him not to smoke it but he insisted and did. He said it was the craziest weed he's ever had. I'll add that initially, before I left it for the months that it sat in a drawer, it wasn't of any outstanding quality and was actually pretty bad weed. This got me thinking what could have occurred so I asked on here and got the replies I was expecting about curing in optimal conditions. Then, someone brought up Malawi cob. I was curious so I did some research and decided to start my own.

I am trying this myself so that you guys don't have to. If afterwards, it turns out well then go ahead.

I got this method from a thread on another forum: https://www.420magazine.com/communi...awi-style-cob-cure-fermented-cannabis.443405/

Here's just a simplified version of that though:

1. Dry a piece of corn husk until it's yellow but wet enough that it can still be wrapped without breaking
  2. Trim 7g of popcorn nugs but only dry for a few days (until the sugar leaves are no longer droopy and damp but not brittle)
  3. wrap in the corn husk and tie each side to seal
  4. vacuum seal
  5. sweat: 40c for 1 day
  6. ferment: 25-30c for 7 days
  7. cure: 20c for 30 days
  8. Either smoke it or eat it
I've started 2 7g cobs and 1 14g cob, but for the purposes of this thread, I will start another 7g one.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Well, I messed up and waited until the morning to do the last batch but the buds are now too dry so I'll go off of my last batch. So far I've completed steps 1-5 for all 3 batches and 1 day of fermenting for one of them.

The 2 7g batches smelled the same after the sweat. I can only describe the smell as a burnt cinnamon pine hotdog. The 14g smelled similar but leaning more towards smelling like weed so I'm assuming bigger batches will take longer. I'll still follow the same instructions for all of them so that I can compare afterwards.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So its been 7 days of curing for one of them and I open it up. No signs of mold as far as I can see but it doesn't look too good. I'm not saying anything went wrong but if someone found it, they would think it was literal shit wrapped in corn husk and vacuum sealed. It smells like it did before.

IMG 0325
IMG 0324

I'm not going to try it until it's done curing.

IMG 0323 1
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I said 7 days of curing but I meant 6 days fermenting.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

U probably saw this…like the looks of your “Good Shit” & no u didn’t follow the dog around the yard with a
“”collection”” bag after it ate your stash!

Cheach&Chong

Very much like to see end result, smoke report ???
Thnx

SO,
full.jpeg

&

full_1.jpeg

🎶😎🎶

Timfjr.1985

Timfjr.1985

How would I keep a warm temp. In winter cali? Could bury them inside in warm soil?

Muttley

Muttley

I am aware that this thread is a year old, but an honorable mention is due to the Always Mighty Cobfather of the Known Universe, otherwise known as Tangwena, who hails from Down Under, and who has perfected the art of creating Malawi cobs of superlative quality. The discussion topic on this subject has now grown to a massive 261 pages over at IC Mag, and I urge anyone who is interested in this topic to check out the link below.

Latest posts

Top Bottom